• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to login (Emptied Administrators table)

eur0

Hello,

I recently changed my admin password in oscommerce  and forgot it. I tried this method I found on YouTube: (112) Forgot your Admin Password in osCommerce - YouTube

I went into phpmyadmin, then clicked on my oscommerce database, selected Administrators then clicked on EMPTY.

Now my website/catalog or admin panel won't come up. It says " Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'my user name'@'my ip' (using password: YES) in /home/256/html/content/56/8720catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 Unable to connect to database server!" 

Could someone please point me in the right direction as I have to get into the admin side of my catalog to access orders. Thank you in advance, I am a bit out of the loop as it's been 10 years since I set this up. If someone can help me I will buy you dinner via paypal, venmo or cashapp. 

Update. The front end of my site/catalog is working now but not the back end admin panel isn't, I get the same line 19 unable to connect to database server. I did change the password to my database today in the phpmyadmin page. Could this be the reason why I get the error and unable to login to the admin side of OS? If so is there an easy solution to fix this? Thanks.

Archived