• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce v4 demo

Hello, Thank you for this nice Vadym demo and your time. It was very appreciated

The new osCommerce version is a complete break from the one we currently know. It is not a surprise in view of the photos presented

The features included inside the tool are very powerful and allow the administrator to be able to do a lot of things with a minimum of effort.
I would even say that what is offered is above current solutions such as Magento, Prestashop ...

When the solution comes out or is in Demo, don't be too surprised at the breakdown. On this point, I suggested to Vadym to have a configuration profile according to the type of company (small, medium or large) during the installation. The approach will be easier to understand.

Regarding the FrontOffice, it is perfectly customizable with the preview from the backend, It will require a little learning but for those who do not have a great knowledge of code, it will allow them to have a store according to their needs.

The team has done an enormous job and opens up very important business development prospects that it was impossible to do before.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

1 hour ago, Yurius said:

Let me ask you, where can you see the demo version of the new osCommerce v4? Am I missing something?:unsure:

Yuri, please register your interest via the Contact Us form on the website and we'll give you a quick preview tour of osCommerce v4

Hello,
I will share little screenshot with you and we can talk.

For this one, it's categories and products. Quick similar to the current Osc on the process

To the top : we will have powerful  filter - By default it's open ==> Point of view it's better to be close when the page is open, This box takes a lot of place on the screen,

After, as Osc, you can create your categories and your products

At the left 2 tabs : categories and brand
When you create a category, the category is off by default (grey). It's must be activated on this page (no status inside the category page)
You can organize your category by a drag and drop, it's easy, At the right, it's automatically updated. For the products (at right) the process is the same.

To access inside the category, you must click on the left box and you will see all what you have inside, sub category and products.

I do not know why exactly we have 2 same buttons, one on the top (add a category, add product, add bundle) and inside the first tab caetgory tab (add category, add Product)

Nothing more to tell on this page.

The next capture will be a focus on the category feature. I will just wait a little to let you to ask a question  if it's not clear.
Screenshot_20210331_113414.thumb.png.21ebe25a568d26c097a8f4086943128b.png

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
Loïc

Ok I continue with some other image on categories

there is 6 tabs -
One allows to manage some restriction and depends of the channel (Note the application allow multi website)  - Maybe Vadym can tell us a little more on that
One is for title and description, managed by CKEditor and ckImage
One is to manage the image (it's weird inside the application called Main details). Inside you can have a gallery, specific image on the home page, add additional image ....)
One on Seo - A lot of features are inside to allow you to manage all that you want to increase the rank
One link with the suppliers allowing to manage  categories quantity discount
At the end, one allowing to manage a specific template on the page or the channel think

image.png

Screenshot_20210331_160212.png

Screenshot_20210331_160252.png

Screenshot_20210331_160449.png

Regards
Loïc

Maybe for you, maybe not for some other people inside the community. If some people do not want to see the furtur with Osc, let me know, I will stop.
I will do that for the community, not for me.
Thank you.

Regards
Loïc

Just to be clear, there is tons of interest in V4 (especially from me). I think Smoky Barnable meant there was no context in the original post here in that we are all eagerly awaiting a demo, but did not see one available to anyone else. 

Since your post it is a little more clear that you got a personal demo, and we truly appreciate seeing all of the screenshots. 

Ok, now the products

You have inside 10 tabs around, a lot.
Inside categories I presented you some tab,I will not come back on that, just the most important.

The main details Tab can be call Stock in my sense
As you see, it's not possible to add stock, you must to save your product to see the button update Stock.
For the time, I inserted a product, it was a little bit complicated, Where can I insert my stock?
When the product is saved, you have button call update stock appear ==> If we can have Insert/update stock as text it will be better  @osCommerce-Official
Also manufacturers Name, this is the brand (see categories) ==> A little update to have the same terms will be good

Also to manage your stock, you have some possibilities, It's a little bit complicated to explain in detail.

products.thumb.png.4b01bb8e33b75a81f5942ed764879b9c.png

Second tab

To manage the price, you have also some options and you can link the price with the suppliers. Like that you will able to calculate your profit.
I am not sure, but you can also update the price in function your sales channel or customer group

price.thumb.png.685c02cf480ae823e07f6efa37eab4f8.png

third tab :Size

For some country, as US or Canada for example, you must to include inside the product, the size to calculate the shipping price. In this case you can have different size, just the product or inside a package

Little point can be increased is the volume, it's not calculated automatically. Is it normal ? @osCommerce-Official

size.thumb.png.caf2d2503e72af0fa210a487102f6548.png

You have also a last tab called marketing, I can not include the image for the upsell and the cross sell, popularity, give away. I do not test this point at this moment.

In summary, a lot of features are inside the products, and it's possible to include more options if these options are activated ( products template)

Let me know if you have questions.

The next post will be on another thread called Orders. Maybe tomorrow.

Regards
Loïc

@Gyakutsuki really interesting: for the product discount, is there something like the old quantity discount? (https://apps.oscommerce.com/qHHSa&quantity-price-breaks-per-product-price) maybe the same qpbpp could be extended to the attributes like Zencart Attributes Qty Price Discount.

You have inside the concept of customer group but not the product group (not sur).
You can add a specific discount for the customer group but I do not see the concept product group.

But maybe I miss something or I do see an option on something can do that.

If you create a special and you want to see inside the catalog, you must activate an option inside the product. It's not automatic at this moment. Also if you want to give a special price for a special customer group,
For moment the special price is not linked to a specific channel, I think

it's not implemented at this moment.

I will look if we can do that on the beta version.

There is a lot feature must be again implemented I think.

Regards
Loïc

16 minutes ago, Gyakutsuki said:

You have inside the concept of customer group but not the product group (not sur).
You can add a specific discount for the customer group but I do not see the concept product group.

But maybe I miss something or I do see an option on something can do that.

If you create a special and you want to see inside the catalog, you must activate an option inside the product. It's not automatic at this moment. Also if you want to give a special price for a special customer group,
For moment the special price is not linked to a specific channel, I think

it's not implemented at this moment.

I will look if we can do that on the beta version.

There is a lot feature must be again implemented I think.

Loic, btw there's a whole lot of features under "Marketing / Promotions / Prices". Some of them can be quite interesting, and allow setting up special prices on a bulk load of products.

In this case, yes you have this approach inside the application,

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
Loïc

Yes, 2 capture about the attributes, Just I have no time to fill
You can create an attribute and after you add an option
You can also create template attribute.

Screenshot_20210402_081413.png

Screenshot_20210402_081727.png