• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The Unit conversion

Gyakutsuki

Hello

Just a little question, Do you include this conversion function (gram, kg, liter, pounds ....) ?

And a weight conversion system for example ?
In Europe we use the kg by default, in Uk is the pounds, another country can be different.

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

Yes it's must be present because just unit shipping weight are not the same in function the country

For example in canada, the default unit is Kg but all the people think in pounds
Upd, fedex, send in pounds

About that, for the shipping, to you take in consideration the product dimension convert in volume. It's used for canadapost, fedex, ups .... Not in France (depend) to calculate the price ?

That's why the unit conversion is important.

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

For stores selling goods to different countries, this option will be useful.
It will be good if this option is associated with the buyer's country, for example, through the tables in the database - coustomers or address_book or address_format, or zones.

The client can choose the parameters of weight and dimensions when creating an account or placing an order.
There should be an option to change these parameters when completing the checkout.

Why?
A customer from England can place an order for his beloved girl who lives in France, and the seller's store is located in California.

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi