• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Editor

osCommerce v4 comes with a built-in facility to create new orders  (MOTO - mail order / telephone order) and edit existing orders.

The process of creating an order and editing an existing order is very similar, and uses the same interface in the back end.

To create a new order the operator shall first choose the sale channel (in case of multiple sale channels), and then either choose an existing customer account or create a new one.

NOTE: the front end and back end of osCommerce v4 may share payment and shipping methods, but one can have specific backend-only payment and shipping methods. However, if a payment or shipping method is linked to a 3rd party API, that API integration will work as well in the front end as in the back end.

Adding products is quite easy to a new order. The operator can search by product model, name, etc. Before product gets added to the order, product price can be edited and quantity of items chosen. 

Order total modules can be edited too. So it is possible to add any type of discount or surcharge, or use an existing coupon that will apply discount as if it was applied in the front end. 

One done with creating a new order or editing an existing one, the operator shall press the Update and Pay button. It then offers 3 options: 

- just save - i.e. just save the order without recording any amount paid, thus not evaluation order status further 

- mark as paid - i.e. if the order was paid for over the phone or in any other way

- send secure payment link - osCommerce will email the payment link to the customer, so that the customer could pay via the website's secure checkout using one of the available payment methods (works really well with 3d secure, for example)

In case of a refund being due, it is possible to refund the money to the customer via a compatible payment method, or simply update the order if the refund is being processed outside of osCommerce. 

osCommerce keep track of amounts paid, and allows to see the amount due or amount owed to the customer.

Hello,

Little suggestion : You can add a field for the tracking number and status for the customer support or specific files about can be managed across contact (if the customer is connected, we can have inside customer_id and the order_id). And to finish a department to contact. That's an example.

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to this, after years of osC being in a rut it is great to see an injection of enthusiasm from a new team. Sure, sad to see an era end however things must change, or they will die. OSC used to be the de facto shop software but has been passed by every other shopping package, some even founded on osC code!

The old guard has gone and now it's time for a revamp. The Forum members who kept developing whilst HPDL lost interest were Valliant but doomed to fail. Now I see old osC has split off to another name, and the new will be fresh.

You are not doing this for the good of the users and as such, I wonder what kind of price will be placed on the new version 4? Base model free, then addons that cost seem the way ahead.
Have we lost a free shopping cart system that is easily changed by the owners with free addons forever?

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

58 minutes ago, FIMBLE said:

I am looking forward to this, after years of osC being in a rut it is great to see an injection of enthusiasm from a new team. Sure, sad to see an era end however things must change, or they will die. OSC used to be the de facto shop software but has been passed by every other shopping package, some even founded on osC code!

The old guard has gone and now it's time for a revamp. The Forum members who kept developing whilst HPDL lost interest were Valliant but doomed to fail. Now I see old osC has split off to another name, and the new will be fresh.

You are not doing this for the good of the users and as such, I wonder what kind of price will be placed on the new version 4? Base model free, then addons that cost seem the way ahead.
Have we lost a free shopping cart system that is easily changed by the owners with free addons forever?

Nic, thanks for your comments! 

osCommerce is becoming a modern, featured Ecommerce platform for small, medium, and large businesses. With v4 we will bring the solution that has been developed for a bit more than 5 years to the market. 

osCommerce will continue being a free open source Ecommerce solution. At least until / if we also launch a "saas" version of it. But on-premises version will always be like that. 

We are looking at osCommerce as a business. It needs to be sustainable for osCommerce itself, and of course for osCommerce developers and designers - members of this Community. And so, the core version will be free, multiple add-ons (apps, modules, widgets, themes) will also be free. There will be paid apps. There will be paid support services. There will be some arrangements about the development programme perhaps. This is being worked on at the moment. The main point is that for osCommerce to be as such, it needs to become profitable for everyone involved.

osCommerce can not develop and benefit if osCommerce designers and developers will not develop and benefit in the first turn. 

BTW you're welcome to request a demo and we will add you to the next available time slot if you like - do it via the Contact form on the main website please

1 hour ago, FIMBLE said:

I look forward to its release in this case.

Thank you for the reply.

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Hello,

Follow to demo 4, there some screenshot about the order. As you see it complete

the first is order listing with some bulkk optionorder.thumb.png.e4046334deb009666d0b14c4fe5219a8.png

The 2 others images is to create an ordercreate.thumb.png.d0141d7a1555c0782d0c917145a7b908.png

create1.thumb.png.3b68c91c558cf8dccd5a2b77c968b327.png

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum