• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment methods

osCommerce-Official

osCommerce v4 will come with a number of payment methods. It is being debated now which ones will be included into the "box" installation and which ones will be moved to be apps (free or paid), so the list below is to be confirmed.

Payment methods split in two major groups - online and offline.

Each sale channel (front end or virtual) may have a number of specific payment methods assigned to it; one and the same payment method can be assigned to more than one sale channel, and in that case the settings of such payment method can be made completely different for different sales channels.

Payment methods (same as shipping methods) can be present in the system but be not installed, or activated, or linked to a particular country or region. In that case they will appear in the back end (corresponding filters to be set) but not in the front end.

405355550_oscpayments0.thumb.png.c9246eb001987c68ccbe702ab00af3dd.png

Payment methods can be also linked to particular customer groups only. 

Payment methods can be made available to particular parts of the system. So there could be payment methods only available to wholesale clients, or only to back end users for example.

93986097_oscpayments1.thumb.png.f2357ab97d3bfc13f8e94a65577d6c92.png

Offline payment methods are currently as follows:

COD (Cash on Delivery)

COD for POS

Credit Card for POS

Cash

Collect

Purchase Order (likely to be used by customers paying on account)

Offline payments (general offline payment method)

It is possible to easily extend this list and add more offline payment methods, they mostly act as placeholders and are mostly used to record the fact of payment and then run analytics on what methods customers used to pay. 

Online payment methods are currently as follows (in no particular order):

SecurePay

BrainTree

Authorize.net

PayPal (various implementations, including Express checkout)

Klarna checkout (likely + online finance!, to be confirmed)

Poli

WorldPay

SagePay

Recurly (to be confirmed)

SecPay

Pay by Amazon (to be confirmed)

MultiSafePay

Layby

Humm by FlexiFi (online finance!) 

Global Payments (former Realex)

LiqPay

OxiPay

It is very likely that some of the above modules will be moved to a new category Online Finance before the release of osCommerce v4

UPDATE: 
Stripe is also available as a payment module!, thanks @14steve14 for pointing this out!

Edited by osCommerce-Official

6 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

Just from my own point of view, all of those online payment methods can be offered as extensions and not be included in the core.

Yes, sure. They are extensions as such, but we are looking if we shall supply some of them with the installation or rather leave them in the marketplace to be found and added by the users.

4 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

osCommerce v4 will come with a number of payment methods. It is being debated now which ones will be included into the "box" installation and which ones will be moved to be apps (free or paid), so the list below is to be confirmed.

Payment methods split in two major groups - online and offline.

Each sale channel (front end or virtual) may have a number of specific payment methods assigned to it; one and the same payment method can be assigned to more than one sale channel, and in that case the settings of such payment method can be made completely different for different sales channels.

Payment methods (same as shipping methods) can be present in the system but be not installed, or activated, or linked to a particular country or region. In that case they will appear in the back end (corresponding filters to be set) but not in the front end.

405355550_oscpayments0.thumb.png.c9246eb001987c68ccbe702ab00af3dd.png

Payment methods can be also linked to particular customer groups only. 

Payment methods can be made available to particular parts of the system. So there could be payment methods only available to wholesale clients, or only to back end users for example.

93986097_oscpayments1.thumb.png.f2357ab97d3bfc13f8e94a65577d6c92.png

Offline payment methods are currently as follows:

COD (Cash on Delivery)

COD for POS

Credit Card for POS

Cash

Collect

Purchase Order (likely to be used by customers paying on account)

Offline payments (general offline payment method)

It is possible to easily extend this list and add more offline payment methods, they mostly act as placeholders and are mostly used to record the fact of payment and then run analytics on what methods customers used to pay. 

Online payment methods are currently as follows (in no particular order):

SecurePay

BrainTree

Authorize.net

PayPal (various implementations, including Express checkout)

Klarna checkout (likely + online finance!, to be confirmed)

Poli

WorldPay

SagePay

Recurly (to be confirmed)

SecPay

MultiSafePay

Layby

Humm by FlexiFi (online finance!) 

Global Payments (former Realex)

LiqPay

OxiPay

It is very likely that some of the above modules will be moved to a new category Online Finance before the release of osCommerce v4

I notice that there is no Stripe payments module in the list. Is it something that is planned in the future.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

1 hour ago, sihi said:

I think all offline should be in the box and online in the add-on store where user can download which he want´s.

Will be there something like "ship 2 pay" add-on? https://apps.oscommerce.com/HDu72&ship2pay  (Different shipments may have different payments)

Thanks for your suggestions! Will consider those. 

Currently shipping and payment methods can be restricted by country, but will look if it makes sense to implement "ship2pay" style restriction! 

Availability of payment methods is a deciding factor when choosing an ecommerce solution. If we want people to use os Commerce V4 versus other open source, we need to offer as many as possible free of charge out of the box - on and offline.

In principal, I think all payment modules supported by the osCommerce team themselves should be included. Any not supported by them should be in the app store.

All included should be free to use. 

Offline needs to include Check.

Online definitely needs to include Stripe. 

3 hours ago, ozEworks said:

Availability of payment methods is a deciding factor when choosing an ecommerce solution. If we want people to use os Commerce V4 versus other open source, we need to offer as many as possible free of charge out of the box - on and offline.

In principal, I think all payment modules supported by the osCommerce team themselves should be included. Any not supported by them should be in the app store.

All included should be free to use. 

Offline needs to include Check.

Online definitely needs to include Stripe. 

Thanks again, Kym, for a very sensible advise!

Basically, don't want to scare people off by putting too much into the "box" so may have to put some of the payment methods into the app store. 

Really excited about Online Finance options though - that seems to be a massive deal breaker for those stores that sell some more expensive stuff. 

10 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Thanks for your suggestions! Will consider those.  

Currently shipping and payment methods can be restricted by country, but will look if it makes sense to implement "ship2pay" style restriction

I have DPD delivery to address with all payments, but DPD Pickup without COD :) And pick up in our store "COD" for free. As an example :) Thanks

vor 17 Stunden schrieb ozEworks:

This also could be a KO factor. Not everyone needs 30-40 or more payments methods. At the end, I would say, ~95% are not in use.

I would say 10 or 15, maybe 20 but not more, most important methods and all others as Add-On's. At Version 2.3.4.1 there are alone 23 methods of Moneybookers, today Skrill. Most of them are only for 1, 2 or 3 European countries. So why should a store e.g. in Singapore have all those methods in the box? I prefer a smaller and clearer , but faster system without to much overload.

Edited by PhoenixAter

On 3/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Currently shipping and payment methods can be restricted by country, but will look if it makes sense to implement "ship2pay" style restriction! 

It makes perfect sense when shipping depends on the method of payment.
For example, for cash on delivery not all shipments are available...etc

On 3/12/2021 at 3:35 AM, osCommerce-Official said:

I have a client who has been asking me for a long time to assist with formal integration of Amazon Pay into his existing osCommerce store site.

On the 2.x release there used to be a 'Checkout By Amazon' module available but Amazon shutdown (stopped supporting) the API that module used for its function sometime in 2018.

1) Is what you call "Pay by Amazon" the same as "Amazon Pay"?

2) Is there any anticipated timeframe for when there might be a confirmation, either way, on whether (or not) this will be available for use in the 4.x release of osCommerce? (So I have an answer to give to my client.)

Thank you!

I propose you to include a Bitcoin (or other crypto) company payment. The digital crypto is on the way (tesla do that now).

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

3 hours ago, netpass.prod1 said:

I have a client who has been asking me for a long time to assist with formal integration of Amazon Pay into his existing osCommerce store site.

On the 2.x release there used to be a 'Checkout By Amazon' module available but Amazon shutdown (stopped supporting) the API that module used for its function sometime in 2018.

1) Is what you call "Pay by Amazon" the same as "Amazon Pay"?

2) Is there any anticipated timeframe for when there might be a confirmation, either way, on whether (or not) this will be available for use in the 4.x release of osCommerce? (So I have an answer to give to my client.)

Thank you!

This is a very important integration and will either be implemented by the osCommerce team as an app, or we will welcome an app created by an osCommerce development partner to the marketplace.

As to the timeframe - the earliest it is going to be would be July or August this year. 

If I remember correctly, we have not used any of the supplied payment methods.. all ours are addons..

Banktransfer (europe), Cheque/money order, phone with card...

So long as the add ons are available for V4 that would be okay for me..  ;-)

• 1 month later...

I think likely as @Hotclutch

I mean... Some people doesn't need 120 payment methods in a single e-Commerce shop.
That may be more efficient to gather them 1 by 1 when we have needs for.
Anyway, all of additional payment methods (which was involved to be included in core) would be aswell free as... external plug-in.

The result to have unwanted payment methods can also lead to security breach (even not-installed/not-enabled, due to the fact files will be here aswell) (I mean since modules aren't all useful for payment/shipping stuff, why include them into main OSCommerce 4 release (and furthermore releases)).

Just my thoughts on it, but when I develop an OSCommerce site, I only have the use for 3-4 payments methods.
Perhaps, for a GIIIIIIANT site, ... it will be useful, but not for a small one, but also perhaps I'm wrong.. ?

Anyway, I love what I see in term of ergonomy and features! Keep up that excellent job on OSCommerce future :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just wanted to ask regarding Paypal specifically. It looks like Paypal have replaced the old hosted/web payments pro with a new solution called Paypal checkout. Will one of the payment modules supplied with v4 be Paypal checkout please?

• 7 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 1:57 PM, annuity said:

Hi,

I just wanted to ask regarding Paypal specifically. It looks like Paypal have replaced the old hosted/web payments pro with a new solution called Paypal checkout. Will one of the payment modules supplied with v4 be Paypal checkout please?

It is the new one by default.