• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce-Official

Typical "How to" questions

An Observation in the accounting of the stock these could be registered in the form of orders to be able to be consulted at any time.

Example Products A
Orders Status "Stock" + 10pcs.
Orders Status "Paid" -1Pcs.
Orders Status "paid" -2Pcs
Orders Status "paid" -1Pcs.
Orders Status "paid" -2Pcs.

Total Stock 4Pcs.

I think that the stock is easier to manage from the billing than from the product details.

12 hours ago, Epiphane said:

Hello,

I have been trying to create a store qith v4 with no succedd. Anyone knows of a step by step doc?

R

What exactly seems to be the problem? 

Were you able to install it OK? Or did you use our hosting option?

I have been using osc 2.3.2 for I guess 15+ years... I have imported the data and foolishly thought there would be some default template that would give a minimal site even if it looked a bit like the old style osc

I can't get past the splash screen, so I really can't tell if the product pages got imported correctly

Thomas A. Moulton, W2VY

osCommerce core developer osc2.1 to osc 2.3.x

Support the developers!

http://www.oscommerce.com/about/team

4 hours ago, w2vy said:

I have been using osc 2.3.2 for I guess 15+ years... I have imported the data and foolishly thought there would be some default template that would give a minimal site even if it looked a bit like the old style osc

I can't get past the splash screen, so I really can't tell if the product pages got imported correctly

@Ivan Holbicould you please address this next week? 

On 9/23/2022 at 8:20 PM, w2vy said:

Hi Tom,

Please see the link below how to proceed in this case.

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Assigning_Theme_to_Sales_Channel_and_Deleting_Sales_Channel

Best regards,

Ivan

Is there a way to disable cache? I have that option in the settings turned off but cache is still working. It causes a problem when making changes to templates since it has to be cleared each time. Also, even if I clear it and the initial page loads as expected, when I click around the site and go back to the home page the cached items are showing. To be specific, the product listing on the home page was showing 100 products, or so. I changed the setting in admin to only show 16 products, cleared the cache and viewed the home page. Only 16 products were showing. Then clicked on a different page and back to the home page. The original 100 products now show.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

19 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

Is there a way to disable cache? I have that option in the settings turned off but cache is still working. It causes a problem when making changes to templates since it has to be cleared each time. Also, even if I clear it and the initial page loads as expected, when I click around the site and go back to the home page the cached items are showing. To be specific, the product listing on the home page was showing 100 products, or so. I changed the setting in admin to only show 16 products, cleared the cache and viewed the home page. Only 16 products were showing. Then clicked on a different page and back to the home page. The original 100 products now show.

Hi Jack,

We would recommend to delete the unnecessary sales channels from your website, leave only one and assign your products and theme to it to avoid such issues. Please see the link below how to do it.

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Assigning_Theme_to_Sales_Channel_and_Deleting_Sales_Channel

Best regards,

Ivan

5 hours ago, Ivan Holbi said:

We would recommend to delete the unnecessary sales channels from your website, leave only one and assign your products and theme to it to avoid such issues

I did this but still had to clear all of cache - twice. Being able to disable cache would be a useful change in my opinion.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons