• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

google PageSpeed Insights

ocs1409

hallo

i have ran a google PageSpeed Insights with https://www.trueloaded.co.uk/. this is the precessor of oscommerce v4 as i read in the forum.

the result is mobile 87 and desktop 99.

my question is : will oscommerce v4 get a boost to get mobile ranking on a higher level ?

because all SEO experts say that after SEO products etc speed is one way to get a better ranking

my development of oscommerce 2.4.2 currently has a score of mobile 97 and desktop 99

thanks eric

Hi Eric!

Many thanks for posting this question! 

osCommerce v4 will be the next iteration of solution which currently powers the said website, but even better (and faster still).

And yet, if you'd like to see page insights, please try this site instead:

https://dev.trueloaded.co.uk/

It shows 95 mobile and 97 desktop at the moment. 

We would like to state a couple of things here:

1. Google page speed test is work in progress, it never stops with our Ecommerce platform and of course we will continue to release updates for osCommerce v4 and further versions as and when Google changes their algorithms to make sites faster (and better)

2. Page speed very much depends on particular site's content - so besides the system itself we all (developers) need to recommend shop owners to be sensible in regards to banners and other "heavy" content being used by their sites

One of the errors relate to missing width and height dimensions on image tags. That was discussed here:

Another "error" relates to caching rules. If you have a score in the high 90s then probably you have some caching rules set in your htaccess and the same error won't appear on your setup.

hallo

thanks for the explain

as it is a dev ( always errors 😎 ) and with only text ( term-conditions ) it gets the mobile 94 and desktop 97

the rest of pages depends on the speed of the images

i will wait for the beta/stable version to get my hands on. hoping on sooner than later

thanks eric

3 minutes ago, ocs1409 said:

hallo

thanks for the explain

as it is a dev ( always errors 😎 ) and with only text ( term-conditions ) it gets the mobile 94 and desktop 97

the rest of pages depends on the speed of the images

i will wait for the beta/stable version to get my hands on. hoping on sooner than later

thanks eric

Thanks, Eric! But a bit confused with "only text". The dev website that can be tested is 

https://dev.trueloaded.co.uk/

It shows the front page with categories, products, banners, and other content. 

Just to ensure we are on the same page (pun not intended :)

Yes, will happily forward you the Beta version soon!

hello

yes we are one the same page.

but the frontpage gives several errors on the images being not correctly sized that is why it gives a lower pagespeed in google

as i said it is a dev and not a final release of V4

if i look at the term and conditions page and let this page be analysed by google pagespeed there is no problem ( only text )

👍

1 hour ago, ocs1409 said:

hello

yes we are one the same page.

but the frontpage gives several errors on the images being not correctly sized that is why it gives a lower pagespeed in google

as i said it is a dev and not a final release of V4

if i look at the term and conditions page and let this page be analysed by google pagespeed there is no problem ( only text )

👍

Yes, thanks, this is something we are looking into - the image sizes, to make it better from the Google Page Speed point of view. 

Sure, the text pages are performing nicely in the test :) but it is the real-life store data that we want to ensure is doing well there!