• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

placing site from local host to real host problems

sandrasp

Hi everyone. 

I am trying to get my site online (which i made on my pc on localhost whith the help of wampserver.)
i've placed the database in hte myadmin from my host en also uploaded the whole site (www map) tot the server of my host.
so far so good. no error's there.
BUT when i go to the url of my website ( www.sandraspetsparadise.nl ) i see, whel at least something. But it's totally wrong🙈
i gues i probabbly have made a mistake somewhere. 
could it be in the config.php? (one of the 2...or both?)

in localhost my site looks fine.(see attatched file)

please help, i have not much experrience and are really a "dummy" when it comes to the more "special"programming problems and errors.

best regards, 
Sandra 

website localhostweergave.jpg

website online weergave .jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See here. Did you upload your images? If you did, it is probably due to your configure file not being setup correctly. You can post it here but leave out the database details at the bottom of it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack_mcs and René H4! for replying on my Question😊

Yes the immages are uploades. So I have to take another look at my configure files.
I had made a backup before making the changes and uploading it. and yes i let it overwrite. Did not know that could cause problems.
So i go kopie my backup again and make the changes in the files and then uploading it . but will first delete the config files which are online at the momen. SO that it does'nt "overwright"
Hope that wil work.
when not. I'm  going to place the code from the config files (whithout my DB login info😉)here.

by the way. Yes I know  that my site wil look quite old fashioned.  And i'm also currently looking into finding another eccommerce program...It's a hobby of mine, so i have not the meanings to go and pay for software. BUT for now, i hope to get this one working so my custommers can shop aggain. (my previous website collapsed to an extend beyond my abbility to find the problem)

The css of the site isn't being seen. Either on its own or via a template.

This is a path issue.

Check your IP address or domain name that replaces localhost is at the same level as localhost was.

18 minutes ago, Nige-A said:

I would also add your footer banner is linked too this OsCommerce site and not back to your home page.

Thanks!. i didn't notice that!  I put that on my to do list 😁

36 minutes ago, Nige-A said:

The css of the site isn't being seen. Either on its own or via a template.

This is a path issue.

Check your IP address or domain name that replaces localhost is at the same level as localhost was.

thanx, i've checked and checked . and found a few lines  in the code that i thougt might be wrong and changed it line by line.
(trying out my side every time i changed 1 line to see what effect it has) and finally i have it done...

BUT....

now comes a weird thing.
when I open my site in firefox, it looks the way it should be.
when I open it on microsoft Edge on my pc...it looks all wrong.

so i asked my boyfriend to open in on his pc.
it is looking as it should be on google chrome, firefox AND on microsoft Edge.....😲

How is that possible???? that on MY pc in Microsoft Edge it looks wrong and on his pc looks good?

9 minutes ago, René H4 said:

Probably cache. Clear the cache and you will be allright.

YEs! that was it! 😀
I shoud have thought of that🙈🙈 😂

thanks all of you for helping out!🌹

know i'm going to find a solution for a much bigger problem. the SSL error the site is giving when i want to log in my admin and when the customers want to create an account. (they cannot at this momen i discoverd)
sadly my localhost didn't give these errors.😢

for further help on that...(in case I'm not able to figure it out)  should i make a new topic, or can i post it here?

If you have your web site, database, domain name all on the same hosting area, localhost would still have worked because localhost would be correct for such a setup.

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2021 at 12:20 PM, René H4 said:

You have your shop in a subdirectory (/shop). You might want to look if the SSL settings are correct for this.

Hi it's me again,

Thanx for the tip. I have chaged some ssl Settings and now my website does not give a SSL error anymore. BUT somehow... customers cannot make a new account.
But isn't giving any errors or other notifications either.
So i have been trying to figure this one out the past weeks (in my spare time) but still cannot find the problem and i am starting to wonder if i still have to look into the 2 configure.php's .
when yes... then i simply don't see it🙈

By the way: creating an account did work in localhost.

Anybody any idea where to look?  Thanx in advance!

Sandra

On 3/4/2021 at 2:46 PM, sandrasp said:

by the way. its Oscommerce version v2.3.4

Why are you using such old software. There are better options around. Have you thought of using the spin off from oscommerce Phoenix. It was the community edition but has now been forced to move away from oscommerce to a new home.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

1 hour ago, 14steve14 said:

Why are you using such old software. There are better options around. Have you thought of using the spin off from oscommerce Phoenix. It was the community edition but has now been forced to move away from oscommerce to a new home.

Steve, please refrain from advertising other shopping carts on this forum. We welcome all users of any software of course, and would appreciate new osCommerce v4 to be judged on its merits by its users. If you prefer to use another ecommerce software - that's absolutely fine, but you'll not be allowed to promote it here. 

Also, please be reasonable and factual about the other ecommerce software and its recent history with osCommerce - happy to have a chat with you to not make it a public emotional discussion if you like. 

12 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Steve, please refrain from advertising other shopping carts on this forum. We welcome all users of any software of course, and would appreciate new osCommerce v4 to be judged on its merits by its users. If you prefer to use another ecommerce software - that's absolutely fine, but you'll not be allowed to promote it here. 

Also, please be reasonable and factual about the other ecommerce software and its recent history with osCommerce - happy to have a chat with you to not make it a public emotional discussion if you like. 

That's fair enough. Point taken but until you have a working alternative to offer and is available for download from the same place as the old version, then there must be a way of stopping people using such an old version of the software that has not been updated in many years and really should not even be available for download from a responsible business. Any addons currently available for that early version are also very old and many have not been updated in the same number of years, and its also known that many are insecure, so they should, also not really be used. I also don't see you offering support for the older versions, but you are still allowing people to download and use it. Very strange but up to you.

Thanks for your offer to have a look at V4 by the way. Should I feel the need to change my software and once you have a version released and proven to be working I will take a look..

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

so i understand out of the responses....the problems still should be somewhere in the config files.

23 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

Please post your configure file here without the database details and someone will take a look.

I will, thanks!

SO...here are my config files:

first the include/configure.php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.sandraspetsparadise.nl');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');
  define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.sandraspetsparadise.nl');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.sandraspetsparadise.nl');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', '/shop/images/');
  define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/shop/icons/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
  define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

and seccond the admin/include/configure.php:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.sandraspetsparadise.nl');
  define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.sandraspetsparadise.nl');
  define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
  define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');
  define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/vhosts/sandraspetsparadise.nl/httpdocs/shop/');
   define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
  define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shop/admin/');
  define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/var/www/vhosts/sandraspetsparadise.nl/httpdocs/shop/admin/');
  define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/vhosts/sandraspetsparadise.nl/httpdocs/shop/');
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', '/shop/images/');
  define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/shop/icons/');
  define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . '/shop/images/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
  define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
  define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
  define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
  define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');
define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/shop/admin/');

20 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

I'm not even going to react on this. You should have read the rest of this (my) topic....and you would have known the answer 😉

I just checked my settings on a test shop i have, and it's like this:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.xxxx.com');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.xxxx.com');
  define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

Archived