• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSCOMMERCE NEWBIE NEEDS ADVICE

oceanlee

Hi although i have an oscommerce site for sometime all I know how to do is to add posts into the catalogues but I have just begun hosting with a new service provider and it is looking like i am going to have to learn quickly. Is there a tutorial on the basics i cant even get into the file manager. I am wanting to find out how to do some of the following

1 Set up Google analytics

2 Set up a sitemap

3 Can i place banners in certain positions and only on certain pages or am i restricted to the bottom banner

Hoping someone can help me and give me advice

Regards Allan

@oceanleeThe answer will depend greatly on what version of oscommerce you are using.  See the Need Help link in my signature to provide the needed details.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, oceanlee said:

Hi although i have an oscommerce site for sometime all I know how to do is to add posts into the catalogues but I have just begun hosting with a new service provider and it is looking like i am going to have to learn quickly. Is there a tutorial on the basics i cant even get into the file manager. I am wanting to find out how to do some of the following

1 Set up Google analytics

2 Set up a sitemap

3 Can i place banners in certain positions and only on certain pages or am i restricted to the bottom banner

Hoping someone can help me and give me advice

Regards Allan

Allan, really looking forward to being able to share osCommerce v4 later this year with you and other members of the community! 

As in osCommerce v4:

1. You set up Google analytics (and other Google tracking tools) by simply putting in your account number into a corresponding SEO module 

2. XML site map is generated automatically 

3. Banner widget can be put anywhere on any page, and visually configured. 

Archived