• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal

maharlika

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lordsith77,

I checked it on https://www.sandbox.paypal.com account and the only difference with the manual I provided before was that the Account settings option was moved to the name of the Paypal account owner. Please the screenshot below. The API section is available as shown in the manual. If you do not see it on your live Paypal account please provide us with the screenshots for us to check it further or contact the Paypal support for further assistance.

Best regards,

Ivan

Paypal sandbox.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As of Mach 2023, the above information is not exactly spot on...

In case anyone runs into the case where they're coming from another platform like magento and do not have a "secret", you will need to generate new "sandbox credentials" like in the PDF above. However, do not copy the initial API Username, Password, and Signature. Those are not what the oscommerce's only paypal payment module wants. You WILL need to know your Paypal Seller Merchant ID and E-Mail Address.

So, check out that PDF, and here are the steps I did:

1. Go into the paypal developer area for the purpose of generating new sandbox credentials.
  2. I clicked dashboard then developer (not "business")
  3. I don't even know where or how but I got into API credentials for PayPal standard.
  4. The existing and working API Username, pass, and signature were there and then below was a place to do something sandbox.
  5. In here, I got a new 80 character API Client ID and 80 character API Secret. <--- once these were entered into admin, the test connection worked.
  6. Below this area in the admin, there's an advanced thing. You have to click subscribe on the right pane.
  7. When you come back, all those webhooks should be green.

There might be more or it might not be all the way accurate - I'm not going to undo my work to better document how the F I got through it all. Spent a few hours on this.

To recap: there isn't really an obvious workflow for getting paypal working (like every other platform I've built on).

Thanks,
Krista