Why not just use a online tool like Crowdin?
Going back to translating files in t.ex. notepad in 2021 sounds like a bad idea, but if arranged in other ways I could consider contributing to Norwegian Bokmål. ;)

1 hour ago, syntaxerror said:

Why not just use a online tool like Crowdin?
Going back to translating files in t.ex. notepad in 2021 sounds like a bad idea, but if arranged in other ways I could consider contributing to Norwegian Bokmål. ;)

We want this to be "traditional osCommerce" - i.e. via the members of this Community. 

Of course in 2021 it is not done in text files anymore lol - it is done in the back end or MS Excel at least. 

9 minutes ago, osCommerce-Official said:

We want this to be "traditional osCommerce" - i.e. via the members of this Community. 

Of course in 2021 it is not done in text files anymore lol - it is done in the back end or MS Excel at least. 

Sorry but I don't get the idea of "traditional osCommerce". The community could well translate at Crowdin, much easier and safer and better. You could even use a oscommerce.com subdomain for it. In any way you're free to control the team members, if it should be open for all, or just by request - and also who should be the language proofreaders.

Now tell me, what's the difference in using Excell over notepad? ;) There is no translation memory, no context info, no proposals, no nothing. Also you talked about providing the files previously, so I guess there is no backend ready with a translation interface, having support for translation memory etc. Sorry if I got you wrong, but I got a feeling you don't have any experience with translation work or tools like Crowdin, so I would recommend checking it out and consulting the Crowdin team. Crowdin is free for open source projects, with public available code ... 👍

Posted (edited)

My hob and translation to portuguese brazil. I await the V4.X version

Edited by josmar

I can help translate into Spanish.

-

Puedo ayudar a traducir al español.