Why not just use a online tool like Crowdin?
Going back to translating files in t.ex. notepad in 2021 sounds like a bad idea, but if arranged in other ways I could consider contributing to Norwegian Bokmål. ;)

1 hour ago, syntaxerror said:

Why not just use a online tool like Crowdin?
Going back to translating files in t.ex. notepad in 2021 sounds like a bad idea, but if arranged in other ways I could consider contributing to Norwegian Bokmål. ;)

We want this to be "traditional osCommerce" - i.e. via the members of this Community. 

Of course in 2021 it is not done in text files anymore lol - it is done in the back end or MS Excel at least. 

9 minutes ago, osCommerce-Official said:

We want this to be "traditional osCommerce" - i.e. via the members of this Community. 

Of course in 2021 it is not done in text files anymore lol - it is done in the back end or MS Excel at least. 

Sorry but I don't get the idea of "traditional osCommerce". The community could well translate at Crowdin, much easier and safer and better. You could even use a oscommerce.com subdomain for it. In any way you're free to control the team members, if it should be open for all, or just by request - and also who should be the language proofreaders.

Now tell me, what's the difference in using Excell over notepad? ;) There is no translation memory, no context info, no proposals, no nothing. Also you talked about providing the files previously, so I guess there is no backend ready with a translation interface, having support for translation memory etc. Sorry if I got you wrong, but I got a feeling you don't have any experience with translation work or tools like Crowdin, so I would recommend checking it out and consulting the Crowdin team. Crowdin is free for open source projects, with public available code ... 👍

Posted (edited)

My hob and translation to portuguese brazil. I await the V4.X version

Edited by josmar

I can help translate into Spanish.

-

Puedo ayudar a traducir al español.

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2021 at 12:47 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Traditions are sacred for OSCommerce community (not all want traditional ways lol).
But for clarify, if the files are "not consistently" managed when translated, it can lead to some issues when working again on it by future.
I discovered a tool from my past surfing over the Internet whole treasures, I loved: https://weblate.org

Perhaps it can do the handling of translations, for consistency better :) ? I used it by past for translate a whole PC game.

Edited by SaphyraK
Searching for the name of the translation tool I used by past !

On 5/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, SaphyraK said:

Traditions are sacred for OSCommerce community (not all want traditional ways lol).
But for clarify, if the files are "not consistently" managed when translated, it can lead to some issues when working again on it by future.
I discovered a tool from my past surfing over the Internet whole treasures, I loved: https://weblate.org

Perhaps it can do the handling of translations, for consistency better :) ? I used it by past for translate a whole PC game.

Merci, Chris! Will consider your kind advise. 

Hi, 'hope it's not too late: i can help in french.

Thanks to the whole osCommerce Community.

Prod Server: Percona Server via UNIX socket Percona Server version: 5.5.40-36.1-log - Percona Server (GPL), Release 36.1, Revision 707
 phpMyAdmin 3.5.8.2 Database version: libmysql - 5.0.96 PHP extension: mysqli
version Oscommerce-RC2A php 5.3 with many add-ons/up-dates ...... and liters of coffee !
Local dev: EasyPHP DevServer 14.1 VC9  "Minakami"  avec oscom 2.3.1 + Them switcher, Grid system et css 24 col 1280 px width, KissIT_image thumbnailer, lightbox,  Invoice editor, Superfish horizontal navbar, Quick inventory, margin report, PWA (purshase without account), Products field groups, Products Extra fields Footer boxes... modified to my personnal needs....