osCommerce-Official

New management and osCommerce v4

Yesterday I had a presentation where I was shown the beta in a development environment as well as seeing it in action on a couple of live webshops using google screenshare.
I havent actually used it myself! I purely watched a presentation so I can not really say anything about its usability, its speed, its included features/modules/add-ons etc.

But I liked what I saw so far. A nice, modern and extensive ecommerce software with a very decent looking default theme. The admin panel is very extensive, at times a little confusing due to all options and extra options. I was told they are reworking that to make it all a bit clearer and easier to use.

I applied to be a beta tester for version 4.x and have decided to keep my stores at the current version 2.3.4.1 and wait and see what version 4.x brings. 🙂

Thanks to Vadym for the presentation.

I saw something about a ver. 4 coming. Been a member of this forum since Feb. 2003, bout probably have not been here for 5 years or so.

Developed a lot of carts, with a lot of customization. I stopped maintaining my installations about 8 years age as so much had gone stale, and no serious path forward.

Downloaded the 2.3.4.1. I am surprised to see all the old code. Looking forward to seeing what come out in Ver. 4, as osCommerce was such a strong force for so many years.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

On 4/1/2021 at 3:20 PM, Krisz1 said:

I stil use the Mario Valdez GUI interface until this day. Great for product maintenance. Sadly, the 'calendar' for products got stuck at December 31, 2020. Guess he didn't think people will still be using his software up to this day!.. 

I started with 2.2MS2, now, using 2.3.4 in my live store. An OsCommerce fan since 2003. Looking forward for a seamless upgrade and being part of this community. 

I have a fix for that. Developed the fix. I'll compile and send the file over.

I'm an observer. I have done some translations for Portuguese Brazil. I am waiting for this new version so that I can run my best hobby that is doing translation. I await the version  V4

Posted (edited)
On 2/19/2021 at 10:08 AM, osCommerce-Official said:

osCommerce is under new management. We thank Harald Ponce de Leon and the historical development team, wholeheartedly, for creating osCommerce and will now work hard to develop it into a modern successful Ecommerce platform.

osCommerce v4 is to be released in 2021!

osCommerce will continue being open source and FREE to use. There will be an opportunity for developers and designers to offer their commercial products (apps) and services in osCommerce Shop.

osCommerce v4 is about: 

• business growth for shop owners
  • new revenue streams for designers and developers
  • modern, powerful, and secure Ecommerce platform for small, medium, and large B2C and B2B businesses
  • API-based integration with 3rd parties
  • osCommerce that is easy to support, maintain, and upgrade
  • mobile and SEO friendly platform
  • smooth migration from osCommerce 2.x and other Ecommerce solutions
  • Discussions on this release are welcome at the Forums, where a new section for osCommerce v4 has been created. Questions about osCommerce shall be emailed to hello@oscommerce.com 

Development Partners and Beta Testers are always welcome! Please sign up via our Contact Page. We will notify you when the Beta version becomes available (likely in June 2021). Development Partners - we will make preview versions available to you, please indicate your interest when signing up for the Beta Program.

Thank you to everyone who has been patiently waiting for a new release of osCommerce!

I love the part where you mention smooth migration and other eCommerce solutions. Truly amazing to see that osCommerce is still on fire with its new powerful version :)

Edited by osCommerce-Official

Just wondering if we have a release date for this as yet?

If we could edit pages on the fly from admin with wysiwyg ckeditor, have quick stock updater, and sales reports integrated that would be handy.

7 hours ago, nedragdnuos said:

Just wondering if we have a release date for this as yet?

If we could edit pages on the fly from admin with wysiwyg ckeditor, have quick stock updater, and sales reports integrated that would be handy.

We are aiming for mid summer for a beta version. 

Yes you can edit pages (content and design) from the back end and create multiple design templates. 

You can import and export product data in csv formats. 

There are certain sales reports built in, and if course full integration with Google tag management and analytics. 

Thank you for the reply, I am eager to see the new version as I am preparing for a major site upgrade to either V4 or Phoenix.

Regards!