Jump to content
osCommerce-Official

Marketing features

Recommended Posts

osCommerce v4 has an extensive set of Marketing tools designed to help businesses grow, and at the same time - making it easier for Marketing managers and consultants to run their day-to-day activities. 

First of all, websites based on osCommerce v4 come with advanced on-site SEO modules. Each instance, like categories, products, content pages, home page, etc automatically receives an SEO-friendly title, URL, description, etc which can be overridden in the back end.

Site speed is of the paramount importance, hence most osCommerce v4 websites can reach 95+ in Google Page Speed tests (providing product, content, and banner images are properly optimised for web use).

osCommerce comes with Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers pre-implemented. 

Same goes for Abandoned Shopping Carts (or Recover Carts). There’s a difference to the previous implementations though, as now it is possible to convert an abandoned shopping cart into a new order directly from the back end of the website.

Banner management comes by default, with facilities to create and manage text, image, or HTML banners. 

Advanced Promotions program allows creating various special deals and publishing them on the website. The likes of “Buy X, get Y cheaper” or “Buy any of the X category and get special price on Y category”, or “Spend X and get Y free of charge” and many more are now available. 

There also exists pre-integration with TrustPilot, Give away feature, Product Collection management, Testimonials, web Chat (based on Tawk.to), and Newsletter management (via integration with Mail Chimp). 

Have questions or comments? Post them here!

osc marketing 1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great news.

Would it have some attributes filter by default, does it supports SEO filter landing pages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! 

It is very likely to have filters based on attributes and so called "properties". Whether it will be a part of the core version or will come as an add-on - this is to be confirmed. We are talking to osCommerce shop owners to understand what would be the best "default" package, aiming to deliver as much functionality as possible and at the same time to not overcomplicate osCommerce v4. 

SEO Filter Landing pages - this is to be confirmed. It is currently possible to create SEO-friendly landing pages, with custom URL, page title, META description, etc. and of course rich-text content. Again, we will confirm if such a feature will be included by default or will be available via the App store, free or paid.

Our goal is to deliver a robust capable Ecommerce platform that osCommerce shop owners or their web agencies can use to grow online businesses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is good there is a focus on speed. Many solutions add features and then rely on hardware to make up for slow load times. We all know the story of Magento on that subject from years ago.  Shared hosting is still a reality for many open source users. 

IMO, the pre-integrations would be better done as optional addons as storeowners have their own preferred tools for reviews eg yotpo (popular in US), ESPs (numerous) and chat (also  numerous). Preference is often based on their penetration into different markets. Not to mention the bad press Trust Pilot just got for millions of fake reviews they removed pre-float. 


Kym

Projects Director @ ozEworks.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ozEworks said:

It is good there is a focus on speed. Many solutions add features and then rely on hardware to make up for slow load times. We all know the story of Magento on that subject from years ago.  Shared hosting is still a reality for many open source users. 

IMO, the pre-integrations would be better done as optional addons as storeowners have their own preferred tools for reviews eg yotpo (popular in US), ESPs (numerous) and chat (also  numerous). Preference is often based on their penetration into different markets. Not to mention the bad press Trust Pilot just got for millions of fake reviews they removed pre-float. 

Kym, we hear you! It will be our aim to find a balance between supplying a feature-rich solution, that will be fast, and at the same time not overcrowded with add-ons. It is very likely that some of the features you've mentioned will find their way to the add-on/app store, free or paid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please differentiate the specials from the campaigns.

You can have rules for discount vouchers, so that it can be used x times, up to a certain time, once per user, up to a limit ...

I do not know if it is from this area, but do not forget the price escalation quantity, the special prices per client and the groups of clients with their assigned rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, domiosc said:

Please differentiate the specials from the campaigns.

You can have rules for discount vouchers, so that it can be used x times, up to a certain time, once per user, up to a limit ...

I do not know if it is from this area, but do not forget the price escalation quantity, the special prices per client and the groups of clients with their assigned rates.

Thanks for your comments! 

The way it works in the current version of what will become v4, and it may change in this or that way, but still:

- there's the Coupon system, similar to what it was before for v2.x, with parameters like you describe (i.e. limited to x times, or y times per user, or to/from a certain amount, etc)

- there's also the Gift Voucher system, somewhat similar to what it was before for v2.x 

- there's a relatively simple "specials" feature where you can set special price to be valid till certain date 

- a very advanced Promotions feature that allows creating campaigns like "Buy X, get Y cheaper" or "Buy N of A, and get B for free", etc. 

- quantity discounts are available on products 

- it is possible to create customer/price groups and set either the default % discount, or set price per product per group

- it is also possible to set special price of availability of products per particular customer

Please note the above features may be split into one or more add-ons when we have v4 available.

More updates to come!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this new version have X-Sell built in? Related products is a great way to increase sales.


Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freakystreak said:

Will this new version have X-Sell built in? Related products is a great way to increase sales.

Yes, currently in the plans to have cross sell and up sell built available "out of the box"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, osCommerce-Official said:

Newsletter management (via integration with Mail Chimp

I've integrated phpList using their RestAPI into our current osCommerce. Our phpList runs in the same server as our osCommerce.

Any plans to support phpList?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, osCommerce-Official said:

First of all, websites based on osCommerce v4 come with advanced on-site SEO modules. Each instance, like categories, products, content pages, home page, etc automatically receives an SEO-friendly title, URL, description, etc which can be overridden in the back end.

If you change the URL in the ACP (Admin Control Panel), is there an automatic 301 redirect from old to new URL ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hotclutch said:

If you change the URL in the ACP (Admin Control Panel), is there an automatic 301 redirect from old to new URL ?

Yes! When you change the URL manually for a product, for example, and then Save it, osCommerce v4 adds previous URL to the list of "Old URLs", which is effectively a 301 redirect list.

Same for categories and content pages,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, zachris said:

I've integrated phpList using their RestAPI into our current osCommerce. Our phpList runs in the same server as our osCommerce.

Any plans to support phpList?

We didn't have plans for phpList integration as such, however if there's a demand for it - will consider as an app (free or paid - to be confirmed). And of course will always welcome you or another osCommerce developer to build their apps for the marketplace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little question :

Do you take in consideration sold out, pre-order ?
 



Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gyakutsuki said:

Just a little question :

Do you take in consideration sold out, pre-order ?
 

Thanks, Loïc! 

Yes, we do, actually. 

Every product can have a stock status and delivery status. Stock status can be something like:

- in stock (based on stock count)

- always in stock 

- EOL (i.e. will not be available once sold)

- Pre-order 

- Out of stock 

- Request for Quote

those statuses are configurable and it is possible to create you own, and set the system to act differently in regards to allowing customers to purchase and how stock is allocated depending on the stock status.

There's a system that can take supplier stock into consideration and "pre sell" it as if it was available. 

There's also a system that can take PO stock into consideration and "pre sell" it as if it was available.

Naturally, in both cases above orders will reach "received" status only when stock is actually recorded as incoming into the warehouse.

And of course, osCommerce users do not have to use all those stock solutions if their operations do not require them. However, for those businesses that would like to consider osCommerce as their main business management tool - the facilities will be there! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, about suppliers, one or multi by product ?
About the stock alert by default of all product or specific product (warning, out of stock), do you take inconsideration to send an email  to someone inside the company ?



Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gyakutsuki said:

Nice, about suppliers, one or multi by product ?
About the stock alert by default of all product or specific product (warning, out of stock), do you take inconsideration to send an email  to someone inside the company ?

Multiple number of suppliers per product, with a formula to help the system decide which supplier to take stock / order from depending on their price, average order fulfilment time, etc. 

Stock alerts - will double check that; it seems it should be possible to find a workaround using the "default supplier" associated with a designated member of the team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×