• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

reCaptcha add for stopping spam emails

sunnybutt222

HI Guys, 

I'm receiving too many spam or bot emails from my contact us form. 10 to 15 emails per day. I only knew its some kind of the bot attack script. I'm completely new here on oscommerce. I read couple of the forums about recaptcha or honeypot but honestly its way beyond from my skills may be. I need some simple solutions or need the guru guy who told me what should I edit on my code or file to make it work. 

This is the contact page where I faced the issue. 

http://www.randpaseka.com/catalog/contact_us.php

I request to guru's to help me to fix it ASAP. I already stuck since a week. 

Cheers 

@sunnybutt222The Honey Pot addon, has instructions for your version. Any change you make for this problem will require code changes so I suggest using an addon since it will have been tested.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

30 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

@sunnybutt222The Honey Pot addon, has instructions for your version. Any change you make for this problem will require code changes so I suggest using an addon since it will have been tested.

thank you so much for replying, @Jack_mcs

Can you please share the link of addon, how to add. i'm new here so not have an idea 

6 hours ago, sunnybutt222 said:

Can you please share the link of addon, how to add.

It can be downloaded from here. Extract the contents and use the contents in the MS2 directory. There is a file with instructions there. If you run into problems, please post in its support thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

I just added all the steps as they said on the instructions except of configuration_group ID on table. As i said i didn't found it in anywhere (tell me where i can find). 

except that, I see its showing in the end of the form but not working properly. Even i put wrong answer there , its till submit the form.. :( 

http://www.randpaseka.com/catalog/create_account.php

you can check on this page 

Archived