• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Confirmation Email Text

DivebombInc

Note that in Phoenix, looking for the text might be misleading.  If you just want to change the wording slightly, then yes, that will find the language file.  If you want to change the structure, you would then have to find where the language constant is being used.  In this case, that would be includes/modules/notifications/templates/tpl_n_checkout.php

Always back up before making changes.

23 minutes ago, René H4 said:

/templates/gustavo/includes/modules/notifications/templates/..

You will see that the templates folder is not required in templates so in this case the modified tpl_ file would be saved to /templates/gustavo/includes/modules/notifications/
The modified language file in this case would be saved to /templates/gustavo/includes/languages/yourLanguage/modules/notifications/

so, if i understood this correctly, all the template files from the store can be moved to the template area and modified there like, i.e: "xxx/includes/modules/content/index/templates/tpl_cm_i_card_products.php to xxx/templates/something/includes/modules/content/index/tpl_cm_i_card_products.php, right?

..or am i missing something?

under Phoenix 1.0.7.15

7 hours ago, Owl Sauron said:

all the template files from the store can be moved to the template area and modified there

Any file from the store can be copied, then modified, then saved to your selected template using the same folder structure.
If no modified file exists in your selected template, the original will be used.
If you are a Supporter, you will have received example templates which show example usage.

7 hours ago, Owl Sauron said:

like, i.e: "xxx/includes/modules/content/index/templates/tpl_cm_i_card_products.php to xxx/templates/something/includes/modules/content/index/tpl_cm_i_card_products.php, right?

Yes, this is the only exception to maintaining the folder structure in the selected template - the templates folder is not used.

Note that modules are also an exception in the default template.  Everything else (except language files) is stored in the template.  But the module templates are stored with the modules. 

is it my impression or in Phoenix 1.0.7.15 you have to create the template from the "override" instead of the "default" one or am i missing something?!

If you put the modified tlp_ files in the "default" they dont work except the user.css one.

line 48 from the "default" template.php file:

case 'module':
          return dirname($file) . '/templates/tpl_' . basename($file);

if you put those modified tlp_files on the "override" everything works just fine.
line 30 from the "override" template.php file:

case 'module':
          $file = static::extract_relative_path($file);
          $file = dirname($file) . '/tpl_' . basename($file);

return DIR_FS_CATALOG . "templates/override/$file";

11 minutes ago, Owl Sauron said:

is it my impression or in Phoenix 1.0.7.15 you have to create the template from the "override" instead of the "default" one or am i missing something?!

As per my previous post - "saved to your selected template" as selected in admin>Configuration>My Store>Template Selection
"override" is selected by default in 1.0.7.15 - change it if you want

2 hours ago, Heatherbell said:

As per my previous post - "saved to your selected template" as selected in admin>Configuration>My Store>Template Selection
"override" is selected by default in 1.0.7.15 - change it if you want

Sorry! My fault! I had the impression from the previous post that i absolutly knew how to change templates in the admin area.

Nevertheless here i leave a small template for testing (it creates a shadowbox on the products cards in Index page). Please copy the files into:

templates/default AND templates/override
then change the template in the admin area.

you will notice that it doesnt work on the default one but it does with the override. ("wonder what overrides states for... and what "extends default_template" would mean..."). user.css works on both but not the modified tpl_

so, yes. If you pretend to create other template files you should use that override one and modify it as your new template. Or am i wrong?

template_test.zip

On 2/11/2021 at 3:52 PM, Heatherbell said:

You will see that the templates folder is not required in templates so in this case the modified tpl_ file would be saved 

/templates/gustavo/includes/modules/notifications/

The modified language file in this case would be saved 

/templates/gustavo/includes/languages/yourLanguage/modules/notifications/

It took a while before I had the first part of your message @Heatherbell to skip the template map.

When I did that I had it all working with a small edit for testing.

Next is major editing. 🙂 Thanks all!

On second thought: this part is not working, it does not take the language from here but from the standard language file.

/templates/gustavo/includes/languages/dutch/modules/notifications/

I double checked the naming and all was OK. So either this does not work for the language file or I am overseeing something.

21 minutes ago, René H4 said:

So either this does not work for the language file or I am overseeing something.

This is very new, so it may be that your version of Phoenix is older than this change.  Also, it probably isn't incorporated in Gustavo, as Burt doesn't normally update until a .0 release. 

Archived