• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce 2.3.4-1 EDGE

YePix

vor 12 Stunden schrieb ArtcoInc:

@YePix There is no single 'EDGE' version. Everything after the August 2018 'Frozen' release, all the way up to the July 2019 release of 'Phoenix', was essentially called Edge. A lot of changes happened during that time period.

Malcolm

This is exactly why i ask it.

14 hours ago, YePix said:

Hallo Leute, wer von euch nutzt noch die Version 2.3.4-1 EDGE ?

Hello everyone, who of you is still using version 2.3.4-1 EDGE ?

Finally upgraded to a whole better system in November. One click installs and no core code changes makes things so much easier to work with. Only advice would be to plan out the upgrade and stick to a version, and not try to keep with the latest.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

vor 23 Stunden schrieb 14steve14:

Finally upgraded to a whole better system in November. One click installs and no core code changes makes things so much easier to work with. Only advice would be to plan out the upgrade and stick to a version, and not try to keep with the latest. 

No thanks. Phoenix is not for me or for users in the EU. It may be that in the USA, UK or elsewhere, also for those who use the standard but users who adapt their software to their own needs in order to work more efficiently need something more than standard

2 hours ago, YePix said:

No thanks. Phoenix is not for me or for users in the EU. It may be that in the USA, UK or elsewhere, also for those who use the standard but users who adapt their software to their own needs in order to work more efficiently need something more than standard

So why dont you make those changes and then make them available to other users to improve their user experience. Keeping things to your self helps no one apart form yourself, but that is the latest trend within these forums I feel.

My site has been customised to suit my business needs, and its taken a long time to get it to where it is today. The older versions on the site have been online for over 12 years now, and believe me there have been many changes. Many of the changes I paid for over the last few years have been used by others as they are now supporters codes and are available for the benefit of others. Thats how things improve. Any Phoenix installation can be altered to suit, so the attitude that Phoenix can only be used in certain countries is the fault of those businesses in the countries where people cannot be bothered to improve what they have. Your fault no one elses. The core coders give you the building blocks, all you have to do is to put them together to suit you, or you could just let others fund it and do it for you.

2 hours ago, YePix said:

Ok so what is missing from Phoenix that would make it work in the EU and all the countries in there? Lets discuss and see if we can improve the product that you will not use.

3 hours ago, YePix said:

Phoenix is not for me or for users in the EU.

And yet, off the top of my head, I find

In the EU and using Phoenix.  It may not be for you.  You'll have to make your own decision on that.  But other EU shop owners seem to be using it just fine.  Not to mention EU-adjacent shops in the UK, Switzerland, Russia, etc. 

Always back up before making changes.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb ecartz:

And yet, off the top of my head, I find

In the EU and using Phoenix.  It may not be for you.  You'll have to make your own decision on that.  But other EU shop owners seem to be using it just fine.  Not to mention EU-adjacent shops in the UK, Switzerland, Russia, etc. 

just a tip, just because of the shipping costs, the page with the wedding dresses can be warned. I won't go into any more. I only asked who used the older versions to find out whether it is still worth posting new extensions here and making them available to the operators.