• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

White Screen of Death on checkout_shipping.php

jcarndt

I upgraded osCommerce to v2.3.4.1, from v2.3.3.4, and now when it is time for the checkout_shipping.php page, I am getting the white screen of death.  I have checked the error.log and I so not see any errors, and I tried the View Source on the web page, and I do not see anything.  I am not sure the best way to proceed here.  

I am trying to avoid a clean install, so I do not lose all the customers and products in the DB, but was wondering if I did do a clean install, could I restore the database to recover all of my history.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

@[email protected]That upgrade only changes three files on the shop side, none of which should have caused a problem with just the checkout page. So I'm assuming you changed more than those three file. Hopefully you have a backup of your files from before the update. Just restore those and you should be back to where you were.

In case you are not aware of it,  upgrading from 2.3.4 to 2.3.4.1 is not worth the effort.That was done years ago just to fix some minor things. You should be looking at upgrading to the Phoenix version since it is actively supported and current.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the explanation!!  I just learned about the Phoenix version late last night.  I am going to upgrade to Phoenix to see if that will resolve my issues.

I read on some other threads that I should be able to move Customer, and Product data tables to Phoenix without any issues.  That is all that I am really worried about.  Do you know of anything I need to be aware of to move that data?

Thanks!!

You will need to replace the configuration tables but those are easily setup again. There is an addon that is suppossed to convert the database though I've not tried it so can't say how well it works.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived