• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question

BadMonkeyMusic

My shop will be selling things that require different shipping methods...  

is there a way to pick and choose what items are shipping with what type?

Some would be USPS media mail, others would be normal USPS priority and then others would be shop pick-up or free shipping.

All different sizes and weights too, leading to different costs.

There's not a way to do it in the stock shop without changes and I'm not aware of an addon for that purpose. What I think you will need to do is add a new field to the product page that contains how it should be shipped. Then the shipping modules that you use would need to be edited to check that field and enable or disable them based on it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I adapted the following addon to suit my needs

https://apps.oscommerce.com/QvXMX&individual-product-shipping-methods

in phoenix, the shipping.php class file needs changing, which can be achieved by overriding the file by placing the file in

/includes/system/override/shipping.php

that avoids changing core files, so this addon won't be overridden when you update core.

hope that helps

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

I'll take a look at the code in that one and see if Ican figure out where to place it...

I tried using the included files and ended up breaking the admin end, so that won't work..Hahahahha

I'm more of a cutNpaste kinda guy right now, I have customized OSC since the early 90's or 2K's

Thanks all!

Archived