• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal payment question

spacegremlin

how did you do this in your shop.

when i receive a payment in my paypal account.

its something like 0,35 and 3,8 % of the total, these are the extra costs i make

to receive a paypal payment. because of the 3,8% that total is alway different, how dit you fix that?

22 minutes ago, spacegremlin said:

how dit you fix that?

It is not something to "fix". It should be balanced in your accounts - you do accounts right?
The order total is a sale - the Paypal total is a receipt - the Paypal charge is an expense.

As a second thought: Paypal does not allow you to charge the cost to the customer, it's in their Terms and Conditions.

I have almost gond ridd of Paypal by offering generally accepted alternatives, like iDeal and BankContact, for Netherlands and Belgium.

Paypal is a high cost payment method, so try to get ridd of it.

By the way, at PayPal they can be quite flexible and accommodating if your turnover is hitting certain targets. So in case it goes to 1 mil or more per year you can try to negotiate your %. I hope this helps. 

Business Development
osCommerce

59 minutes ago, René H4 said:

@datalink I sure hope for you that is of personal experience!

Yes sure. Many of my clients have been able to get better rates on larger turnover. 

Business Development
osCommerce

@René H4

correct thats why the extra cost will be extra packingcost, and not paypal costs.

i tough of ideal 2, that i also prefer, afcourse there are also costs but there you know what to expect.
and these costs you are aloud to let the customer pay.

---

Heatherbell

It is not something to "fix". It should be balanced in your accounts - you do accounts right?
The order total is a sale - the Paypal total is a receipt - the Paypal charge is an expense.

sorry dont understand you.

@René H4

correct thats why the extra cost will be extra packingcost, and not paypal costs.

i tough of ideal 2, that i also prefer, afcourse there are also costs but there you know what to expect.
and these costs you are aloud to let the customer pay.

---

Heatherbell

------------------------------------------------------------------

ideal is also worldwide?? thank you.

Whilst you cant charge extra for people using Paypal you can discount other payment methods if you want. There is an addon for that somewhere.  I personally just add a set percentage into the packaging cost to cover all the fees from the payment processors.

1 minute ago, spacegremlin said:

Heatherbell

------------------------------------------------------------------

ideal is also worldwide?? thank you.

The fees you are charged by your payment processor can be claimed as a business expense, is what's being said here, the same as any bank charges can be.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Just make sure that what ever payment processor you choose that PayPal is an option. there are some that will not buy unless they can pay using PayPal and the added protection it gives buyers.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

indeed, that was my thinking and i had that option.

but we  made the choise leave the option out.
mostly paypal is for international, so if that question come.

they can pay with paypal.

for national, it would not be a problem just paying with banktransfer (ideal)

thank you all.

afcourse there are some ways to fix this, but ill drop the option for now.

Archived