• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Assistance Required Please

FXBO

Hello Members,

I have had to change my hosting and I need to move 2 websites, one is the CE version and the other is Phoenix. However they both have IP addresses for the database and I need to know which files to change so all works fine? I was also told that I should add all the files from www into .htacess folder and I cannot believe you have to do that? I know one file to change is public_html  >> Includes >> configure.php & now I have found the other file in public_html >> adminxxx >> Includes >> configure.php

Actually that is for the "Phoenix" version and seems like the CE one needs no change is that true, as there are no IP addresses to change.

Any help on these issues would be great and stay safe guys.

Stephen Smith.

Yes, you need to change the two configure files. You shouldn't be using an IP unless the shop is just for testing. You may need to change all four files for the database connection details unless a control panel copy was used to duplicate the files. 

5 hours ago, FXBO said:

add all the files from www into .htacess folder

I don't know what is meant by  the above. There isn't a .htaccess folder, at least that I have seen. Maybe they meant that you should copy all of the files to the web root directory? But since you already have your configure files there, that doesn't make sense either. I suggest you ask your host to explain that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I think the CE version should move to new server without much bother, but "Phoenix" has these lines in the 2 conigure.php files.

// If you are asked to provide configure.php details
// please remove the data below before sharing
  const DB_SERVER = '213.175.201.48';

If I change the IP address to 'localhost', that should work, do you agree Jack?

Actually I can see .htacess if I have the hidden files settings checked.

I will be using "Plesk" migration app, so do I need to change any DB files and if so, do you know where they are and many thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Stephen Smith.

21 minutes ago, FXBO said:

If I change the IP address to 'localhost', that should work, do you agree Jack?

I'm sorry I misread your post. I thought you meant an IP was being used for the url. It is OK to use an IP in the database server setting. It can slightly improve page speed on some servers. However, the IP is specific to the server so if you want to use, you will have to use the IP for the new server. Or just change it to localhost, as you mentioned.

The .htaccess you see is a file. Your post said .htaccess folder. Since it is the file, they may be saying to add redirect code for www. That is needed, assuming it is not already in there and your site uses www. If it doesn't use it, then add the redirect code to go from www. There are a number of posts on how to do this.

The latest version of Plesk has the database tools in the right column, as I recall.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

My error I did mean file and not folder, sorry about that. Many thanks for all your assistance and I shall be making the move over this weekend as I did a test move last weekend and all did not go to plan, hence coming to the forum and asking for help.

I will update you Jack soon and again thanks for your help.

Stephen Smith.

Archived