Database check result:

053133.jpg.718870156f42880a2e7b7affa2dd06c5.jpg

Why are some tables in the database written in the format InnoDB and some in the format MyISAM

I think the format should be the same. How can you convert your database tables to have the same format?

InnoDB Works faster, but takes up 2 times more space on the server.

What recommendations can you offer? This is an important question, because the old versions worked in the format MyISAM and when transferring the old OsCommers store to Phoenix, what should be considered?

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

If the storage engine (MyISAm and InnoDB) is declared in the statement that creates the table, then the table with use that one.  If it isn't declared, then the table is created using the default storage engine for the installation.

In addons, it was common practice to state the engine. The mysql statements for those probably still say to use MyISAM. I know some of mine do just because I haven't thought to change them.

In phpmyadmin, run this command and it will show the default engine.

SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ENGINES;

As for changing them, they each have their pros and cons so you may want to check those first. But from what I've seen, InnoDB does not experience table error like MyISAM does.  This page may help with changing them. 

I do suggest you upgrade to MariaDB 10, assuming your host is not running it, since that will provide more benefit than changing the engine, in my opinion.

Hello Jack!

Thank You.
 DEFAULT - InnoDB.  Current Version MySQL 5.7.32

194120.jpg.6fa224e0a3c9d3b1d776594f459dddcb.jpg

I can update my server to version:  MariaDB 10.3
There are several sites on the server, including old ones, one of them works at OsCommers v-OsC 2-3-4.
There is a warning on the server that the database may break during the update.
However, I want to try updating. I will make a full backup of all databases and try to update.

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

44 minutes ago, Fredi said:

here is a warning on the server that the database may break during the update.

That is possible but I've updated a handful of servers and it never occurred. But since there is no way to revert, the backup is imperative.  Good luck.