Jump to content
twfiles

A few issues with paypal standard checkout

Recommended Posts

My company is using OSC version 2.3.4 with paypal express checkout for a few years due to the easy setup. But recently we need to use the discount coupon with paypal, which we cannot pass the value via paypal express checkout, so we want to change to use paypal standard for paypal payment. But our client reported that they can pay via Paypal after switching to paypal standard 3.1 (by default), and we received the money, but it appeared that the result is not return back to our system and it does not update the stock level, the client shopping cart and the order status. We want to update the paypal app 5.0 from the appstore, but yet it is saying that  OSCOM_PayPal.php is missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@twfilesFirst, you have to install the Paypal App or you will have other problems.  Once you install it, be sure to upgrade it in sdmin->Paypal. And then download the latest cert file and upload it to the server. 

4 hours ago, twfiles said:

OSCOM_PayPal.php is missing

Regarding the above, read through these threads for a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 9:41 PM, Jack_mcs said:

@twfilesFirst, you have to install the Paypal App or you will have other problems.  Once you install it, be sure to upgrade it in sdmin->Paypal. And then download the latest cert file and upload it to the server. 

Regarding the above, read through these threads for a fix.

I had installed and updated the app and downloaded the latest cert, and changed the OSCOM path, but it appears that there is an error while our client is having an error as follow:

We're sorry, things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, twfiles said:

I had installed and updated the app and downloaded the latest cert, and changed the OSCOM path, but it appears that there is an error while our client is having an error as follow:

We're sorry, things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

also the TLS test appears to be fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, twfiles said:

We're sorry, things don't appear to be working at the moment.

It depends on which module you are using and whether it is setup correctly both in your shop and in your paypal account. Using google to search for problems can save you time and effort. See here. If you are using the Standard module, be sure the PDT setting is filled in. 

3 hours ago, twfiles said:

also the TLS test appears to be fail

This is normal. It used to work but broke after a paypal update. You do have to be using TLS 1.2 so if you are not sure about that, test your site here to check it. You really should check it anyway to make sure there are not any other problems. The result should be at least an A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

It depends on which module you are using and whether it is setup correctly both in your shop and in your paypal account. Using google to search for problems can save you time and effort. See here. If you are using the Standard module, be sure the PDT setting is filled in. 

I had searched for a long time on google for the possibilities, but unlucky i still cannot solve the problem. I can go through the whole checkout process with the express checkout intergraded in the latest update for the paypal app (aka 5.0.18). i had filled in the return url as checkout_process.php and enabled the PDT and filled in the identity token, but still the error occurs.

There may be one possibility that the shipping method passed to paypal is too long, but i cannot find the variable in those files to change it to a shorter variable.

Quote

This is normal. It used to work but broke after a paypal update. You do have to be using TLS 1.2 so if you are not sure about that, test your site here to check it. You really should check it anyway to make sure there are not any other problems. The result should be at least an A.

Had just tested on my website and TLS 1.2 is available for my hosting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twfiles said:

I can go through the whole checkout process with the express checkout intergraded in the latest update for the paypal app (aka 5.0.18). i had filled in the return url as checkout_process.php and enabled the PDT and filled in the identity token, but still the error occurs.

To be clear, the express module is mainly for providing a paypal button on the shopping cart page. It can shorten the checkout process for the customer. The standard option is the only one that uses the PDT.  So I'm confused as to which module you are using. I suggest the standard module to start with since it is the most basic. 

Regarding the shipping, if you are using express, turn off the Instant Update in the express settings to prevent the shipping options from being sent to paypal to see if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

To be clear, the express module is mainly for providing a paypal button on the shopping cart page. It can shorten the checkout process for the customer. The standard option is the only one that uses the PDT.  So I'm confused as to which module you are using. I suggest the standard module to start with since it is the most basic. 

Regarding the shipping, if you are using express, turn off the Instant Update in the express settings to prevent the shipping options from being sent to paypal to see if that helps.

We are using express checkout previously, and we had tried the website with express checkout and there is no problem when we using. After update the app to 5.018, as we are not able to process the standard payment, we had tried the express checkout again, and there is no problem when using that. We currently want to change to standard so it will follow the full payment flow so it can pass the value for our coupon code plugin to paypal ( with express checkout, it is passing the order to paypal at the payment information page instead of the order confirmation page). The paypal standard settings as follow:

1605804088842.thumb.jpg.cb94b70f909e7aa64b571d493488da23.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The standard module is fairly simple. As long as the paypal email address is correct, it usually works as is. I suspect it is something in your paypal account that is causing the problem. Take a look in admin->Paypal->Log and see if there is anything that might indicate the reason for the failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

The standard module is fairly simple. As long as the paypal email address is correct, it usually works as is. I suspect it is something in your paypal account that is causing the problem. Take a look in admin->Paypal->Log and see if there is anything that might indicate the reason for the failure.

There is even no request for payment in the log page and there is a code variable in the querystring : code=INTERNAL_ERROR in the paypal link, so I am assuming that there is some error to the code or variable passing to paypal website so the website cannot even make a request to paypal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that is an error coming from the code in the app. When you installed the app did you overwrite all of the existing paypal files? And did you uninstall any paypal modules you used previously? If you have an error_log file in your shops root directory, see if there is a recent error shown there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't think that is an error coming from the code in the app. When you installed the app did you overwrite all of the existing paypal files? And did you uninstall any paypal modules you used previously? If you have an error_log file in your shops root directory, see if there is a recent error shown there.

yes, i replaced all of them even the language files, then i uninstalled and install the module and run the update to 5.018, and replace the cert in ext/payment/paypal folder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then, I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything else that it might be. The app, especially the standard module, usually works without any problems. The installation instructions are a bit convoluted so it is easy to get confused on the steps needs for a particular oscommerce version.  So, if possible, you might want to install a stock shop with the app installed to see if that works. That would eliminate something in your shop causing the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×