Fredi

Advertising manager. Questions and problems.

I am very grateful to our kernel programmers for returning the Ad Manager to Phoenix instead of the banner manager removed from Phoenix. You remember the discussion with my participation on this topic in the Club. Thank you so much!

Dear members of the Phoenix Club, information on the correct configuration of this module is not freely available. I ask you, dear friends, to share in this thread how this module works, how to configure it correctly, and what functionality is included in it.

Phoenix v. 1.0.7.10.

I started working with this module and got a little error in Admin after Add banner:   Notice: Undefined property: objectInfo::$advert_html_text in/home/domovik/public_html/anewfen/_FFminK/advert_manager.phpon line457

Thise Line:

if (tep_not_null($cInfo->advert_html_text)) $contents[] = ['text' => '<hr>' . $cInfo->advert_html_text];

For the convenience of work, I added a TinyMCE editor.

Perhaps this is the cause of the error?

220611.jpg

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Question number 1

What is the correct name for a group in the Ads Manager so that a banner or other version of "advertising" is displayed on the site?

Question number 2

In file    /includes/system/versioned/1.0.7.10/adverts.php
Line # 18:  $advert_query = tep_db_query("select a.*, ai.* from advert a, advert_info ai where a.advert_group = '" . tep_db_input($group) . "' and a.advert_id = ai.advert_id and ai.languages_id = " . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . " and status = 1 order by sort_order");

Selector  a.*, ai.*   Conflicts with similar selectors in the Article Manager module.
Is it possible to replace the - 
a.*, ai.* selector with -  ad.*, adi.* ???

Corrected line:  $advert_query = tep_db_query("select ad.*, adi.* from advert ad, advert_info adi where adi.advert_group = '" . tep_db_input($group) . "' and ad.advert_id = adi.advert_id and adi.languages_id = " . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . " and status = 1 order by sort_order");

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Can I get an answer?

Dear sirs, who wrote this module and added it to the official version of Phoenix, please answer what to do with the error and how to use this module ???

Or is this module not working?

If someone's module works and works well, please write.

Best regards,

Fredi

Fredi...were you using it in an earlier version of Phoenix or is that a new install of Advert Manager with 1.0.7.10?

Dan

You may also find these videos, that Gary posted, helpful if you haven't seen them already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNn-E2HORmQ
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOacTp4Pyg

Dan

New installation v 1.0.7.10

Thanks a lot Dan for the links to the secret videos.
Unfortunately, information about the video is not freely available.

Thanks a lot Dan!

Best regards,

Fredi

The "Slider" module is not available in the official version.

200821.jpg

Edited by Fredi

Best regards,

Fredi

Fredi for the slider you might want to check with Jack...he has a jessor slider but I don't know if he updated it to work with the Advert Mgr or not.  I use his slider on an older site with the also old banner manager and it works well.   If he hasn't updated it, he might have it on his list of things to do.

Dan

On the old site, the Banner Manager works great and any slider can be easily added to it.

But I think our teacher is using some kind of special slider. If there is already a slider for Phoenix, why do you need to strain other people?
If this slider is for sale tell me where you can buy it. How many hundreds of dollars does it cost.

Is this a commercial slider or a regular module? I don't have access to the Phoenix Club, so I'm asking you.

Best regards,

Fredi

It is part of the supporters code so folks that are behind the project get it automatically and the pieces fit together nicely.  Others will have to find their own way, hence my suggestion to you. 

Dan

Thank You Dan.

I understood. Hello to our best friend!
Pus will drink Scotch whiskey with happiness and drink Kambridg beer. He's happy today! 😺

Edited by Fredi

Best regards,

Fredi

Line         if (tep_not_null($cInfo->advert_html_text)) $contents[] = ['text' => '<hr>' . $cInfo->advert_html_text];

Notice: Undefined property: objectInfo :: $advert_html_text in /admin/advert_manager.php

Many thanks to our kernel coder Mr. Burton for correcting the Ad Manager code!
v 1.0.7.11  Big and hard work. Change  <?PHP echo       ?>  to  -- <?=      ?> This is a nice code relief.

"Ad Manager" is not working.  😼

Best regards,

Fredi

The example with the Banner Manager finally confirmed my expectations. OsCommers is turning from an excellent openSource software product with full free access, with thousands of modules created by the community on the OpenSource principle, into a private commercial project.

People who disagreed with this were removed from the Phoenix Club. Including me. 

Principle of operation:
1. First, the code is removed from the kernel. For instance:
- Banner manager.
- Newsletter.
Cause? We are told that no one needs these functions, that they are harmful and bad. The topic was in the Club, but I assume that it was deleted.
2. The kernel code is changed, so that it would be impossible to return what was deleted. A few months later, a remote functionality appears under a different name. Explanation: This is very necessary for the Phoenix.

The banner manager was working. Ad Manager is not working. Do you want it to start working? Pay money. No problems. Build a commercial website and sell.

But not everyone has this opportunity. For example, I do not have access to the Phoenix Club and do not have access to the corresponding add-ons. Is Phoenix an OpenSource or a commercial product that is sold on the market?

The community is silent. Everyone agrees with one man's decision. And this is good. I agree with the opinion of the community.

Best regards,

Fredi

@Fredi I completely agree with you

Phoenix only for personal enrichment and does not bring any benefit to the community.

If Phoenix was that good I wouldn't work on Vanilla osCommerce.

15 hours ago, Fredi said:

Notice: Undefined property: objectInfo :: $advert_html_text in /admin/advert_manager.php

TY.  https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/commit/5ae6f7c175d1cfc9281895b2c817482e601f54d1

This was accidentally omitted when I updated the advert manager to allow multi-lingual text.

Thanks for reporting and being so pleasant.

Help shape the future of Phoenix; join the Phoenix Club

Thank You @бурт

Best regards,

Fredi

Dear @burt ,

Why is the banners and banners_history tables missing in the phoenix.sql file?

Best regards,

Fredi

You said it yourself:

3 hours ago, Fredi said:

Principle of operation:
1. First, the code is removed from the kernel. For instance:
- Banner manager.

Hi Rene!

Please see the Ad Manager code, for example this one:

Line 24:          $import_query = tep_db_query("select * from banners order by banners_id");

What does this mean???

Best regards,

Fredi

6 hours ago, Fredi said:

Hi Rene!

Please see the Ad Manager code, for example this one:

Line 24:          $import_query = tep_db_query("select * from banners order by banners_id");

What does this mean???

this its was for who's updating from Phoenix before advert manager that they can import data from banners table to advert manager table .. 

Edited by Omar_one

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

There is no publicly available information on how to work with Ad Manager.
I have old banner tables, but how to import data from them into the modified Banner Manager is unknown.

Thanks Omar for clarifying another code change.

Best regards,

Fredi

17 minutes ago, Fredi said:

There is no publicly available information on how to work with Ad Manager.
I have old banner tables, but how to import data from them into the modified Banner Manager is unknown.

Thanks Omar for clarifying another code change.

When I update from Phoenix with banners  to  Phoenix with advert manager .. first time I visited the advert manager page there was an button to import the data from old banners table to advert manager table ..
so I think you didn't update you just install Phoenix with advert manager

I have a new installation and there are no update buttons from Banner Manager in Ad Manager.

Best regards,

Fredi

its not that hard to that.. if you check after the line you post it you will see what it has change   (line 24-32)

Just now, Fredi said:

I have a new installation and there are no update buttons from Banner Manager in Ad Manager.

because there was no banners table on your database