• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Include pictures in newsletter.

Ken_Shea

Ken

I would love to give you an answer but dont know. I personally use Mailchimp for sending my weekly newsletters as the system is easier and better than the old fashioned almost useless one with Phoenix. You also should be aware that using the core newsletter modules could lead to your URL being reported and blocked. You are also restricted on the number of emails your host allow you to send in an hour.

Not to scare you though.

Have a look at mailchimp the first 2000 customer addresses are free as long as you dont exceed the limit of emails sent. The hard bit is getting the subscribed customers into the mailchimp lists, but it can be done.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

5 hours ago, Ken_Shea said:

Is it possible to include pics with newsletters sent to subscribers?

Sort of.  There are a lot of restrictions for the code and there is also the spam control of email programs to consider. The only way to make sure an image get through is to add it as an attachment and then reference the image in the code of the newsletter. The code is mostly limited to tables, as opposed to divs. You can use styling for basic things, like color.

If you look at newsletters you receive, you will most likely see some where the images are missing and there will be text saying that if you can't view the image to click on a link to the site. That is because of the above considerations.

If you want to create your own newsletter, use the source code of one that you receive that you like and work through the code to make it fit your site. If you can get a working form that you are happy with, then you're all set. But if you plan on sending out newsletters frequently, you might be better off looking at a third-party as Steve suggests.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived