Kofod

Orders altered by customers not showing correctly

First og all, sorry if I explain poorly! My english and PHP knowledge is limited..

My challenge is, that sine costumers make and order, proceeds to payment, then cancels payment to go back and remove/add things to their cart, whereafter they once again reaches the payment, and finalize their order. This results in admin/orders.php showing their original order, but the payment is for the altered order, and the costumer expects the items in their altered order. The only way I can tell something is off, is a difference in the amount showing in admin/orders.php and the amount transfered.

I'm running OSCommerce Phoenix 1.0.4.0, and I will be truly grateful for any advice in how to fix my problem! Also, I'm quite currious as to whether others have the same problem, or if it's just me (maybe I've created this problem for my self, but I have not been messing with core a lot, and not at all the files handling orders and check out)?

Thanks in advance!

//Daniel

When I have customers do the same, the order status stays at pending for the first order as its not completed. When they come back again the new order that is completed gets a fresh order number and goes to payment received status. It works like that with both the Payapl and Stripe payment modules that I use. Never tested it with the bank transfer module but I did think it was supposed to happen like that.

I would check the way your payment module is set up.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Thank you! You guys are quick with responses, thumbs up!

I use Quickpay (https://apps.oscommerce.com/PFXjo&quickpay-payment-module), and did consider whether the problem was in that module, but thought otherwise, as it does not skip any core processes, but as mentioned my php-knowledge is very limited! 

When and order is un-completed it has a 'pending'-status, but when the customers finalize the order, it switch to 'recieved' - should the payment-module "reset" the order-id, when abandoned, so the case mentioned in my first post results in one order at 'pending', and a new at 'recieved'? Would this match core (and others modules)? I have not looked through other modules, but I am also unsure I would be able to tell. Sorry if I'm asking too much of you (I do by no means expect you to fix my problems for free!), and thank you so much for the help you have already provided!

//Daniel

Please consider that not all (payment) modules that you can find in the "app-store" will automatically work with any version of OSCommerce.

I currently use a payment module that was surprisingly easy to install on Frozen (pre-Phoenix), had to be adapted to work on my test site on 1050 Phoenix, and again had to be reworked to het it operational on 1079 Phoenix. Thanks to Matt it came alive... 🙂

Don't want to diecourage, but be sure to test all functions, including stock subtraction (if you use this function).

In core, ignoring the payment module, the order is only inserted after payment is completed. 

So if you are seeing a behavior where the order is inserted prior to payment being made, then the payment module is doing that.  And it would be the payment module's responsibility to delete the order if modifications are made.  That needs to be done in addition to the core processes, because, as I said, the core solution is to not insert the order until after payment is made.  In PayPal Standard, that is done in the confirmation method:  https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/blob/b7bfcaccc3e2cd9641b9d0c8db2be1cecf250a11/includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php#L154

Note how it deletes and then reinserts the order under some circumstances.  Without any knowledge of the Quickpay module's code, my guess would be that it is not doing that at some times (perhaps all times) when it should. 

Always back up before making changes.

Thanks again!

I will look closely through the Quickpay-module, and provided I find and fix the error, I will post the solution at the support-thread for that module, and link to it here.

Best wishes

//Daniel

I managed to solve my problem - almost perfectly... :) 

My solution is posted in the support-thread: 

Thank you for your replies and your help here!

//Daniel