• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express quit working...

dowser

As the title says - when you click PayPal checkout button it just blinks and displays a url with /shopping_cart.php?error_message=

I'm using 2.3.4 with several mods running php 5.4 and my host wants me to update to at least 7.2 and I don't blame him :)
My business is not doing all that great due to this...well, you know, so I can't afford to do a full blown re-design, but I need to at least
have this checkout issue fixed.

I have limited knowledge of the inner workings of Osc and would prefer to hire someone to do it for me. Where should I look?
I don't want to go back to freelancer or such...What kind of cost should I expect?

17 minutes ago, dowser said:

would prefer to hire someone to do it for me. Where should I look?

For 2.3.4, you should look at https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/79-commercial-support-inquiries/

If you want to upgrade to Phoenix (which runs on PHP 7, including 7.2), you should join the Phoenix Club and use the resources there. 

Note that the most common reason for PayPal to fail is an outdated certificate file, which is probably within your capabilities to fix. 

Always back up before making changes.