allaboutwicker

Remove Buy Now / Add to Cart button so only showcase website

Hi, I am working with a brand new Phoenix site install for a friend of mine and he is only wanting to show the items pics info without prices or checkout ability for now. He is the wholesaler and not want to compete online with his retail sites. I have checked around and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this.

Thanks for any clues.

admin > Modules > Content; look for Buy Button and Price under product_info. 

For the product listing, there is no getting around editing code manually to remove the price and buy button.  https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/blob/master/templates/default/includes/components/product_listing.php

Always back up before making changes.

I was able to remove price and button on product page itself, but on I guess it would be "product listing" when you go to categories or any manufacturer and New Product on home page I can't find it. There is no place under modules / content for that and under Configuration / Product Listing I see  " buy Now column (defunct)" and not able to do anything with it? 

Thanks for your help!

I tried to modify that file, but I do not know how or perhaps that is not the only file as it did not work. The code is too complex for me. Any clue how to modify it to work is very much appreciated!

One easy way  to hide the price and buy button in product listings is to use a customized CSS.

For example you may open the file templates\default\static\user.css and add:

.card-footer {
  display: none;
}
.card-subtitle {
  display: none;
}

However be warned that this method only hides the display of the information on surface and does not stop the buy function from running in the background. You may want to disable the shopping cart all together.