burt

Templates are now in Phoenix stream

The all-new template system made by Matt is in the Phoenix Stream from 1.0.7.6 onwards. 

First example (remake of Gustavo theme from years ago): 

https://template.me.uk/PRO/S5/index.php

48.jpg.a7e72916fb659b289d08c475ba3ee587.jpg

More examples to follow.  

The templating system is very powerful and extremely flexible...big thanks to Matt @ecartz for his vision and hard work in getting the template system ready for prime-time and for making it extremely straightforward to use.  

Give it a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Help shape the future of Phoenix; join the Phoenix Club

How do I use this new templating system or where can I find it? What I originally wanted to ask was how do I turn off certain "functionalities" (e.g. from the front page What's new, Upcoming products, Reviews, Welcome Guest -text...aiming for a really small, simple shop). Is it done by turning on/off something (modules?) or commenting out something from the layout layer (template?)?

Sorry for a newbie question, but I'm really struggling to get the hang of it all...as a new user, would really appreciate some kind of beginners guide or tutorial, but as I understood from a post found on this forum, there really isn't one and the way to go is to ask here. I understand any such guide isn't a priority for advanced users, but it would really help new users and ultimately could help to grow the community and number of supporters, which should, in turn, benefit all.

Installed Version: OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.7.12 w/ Featured Products, Purchase Without Account (PWA)

26 minutes ago, mikabee said:

as a new user, would really appreciate some kind of beginners guide or tutorial,

Read:
beginners guide
If you check the README file in the CE Phoenix Download or at the Github Repository you will see the link is in the README

Download the latest CE Phoenix version here:
https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/archive/master.zip

25 minutes ago, mikabee said:

it would really help new users and ultimately could help to grow the community

But who can take the time to write such a detailed thing?  

Help shape the future of Phoenix; join the Phoenix Club

2 hours ago, mikabee said:

What I originally wanted to ask was how do I turn off certain "functionalities" (e.g. from the front page What's new, Upcoming products, Reviews, Welcome Guest -text...aiming for a really small, simple shop). Is it done by turning on/off something (modules?) or commenting out something from the layout layer (template?)?

Those are all controlled by modules. In your admin,. go to Modules and you will see links for Boxes, Content and Navbar, among others. The Boxes section contains modules that display the boxes in the left and right column. The Navbar section contains modules that are display at the very top of the page. The Content section contains  most of the others. Select one of the modules you want to remove and click the remove button in the right column.

Thanks for all the replies and the link. Sorry for not finding/reading the readme and the wiki (used softaculous for install, so wasn't familiar with github and just started clicking away after install).

Installed Version: OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.7.12 w/ Featured Products, Purchase Without Account (PWA)

On 12/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, burt said:

But who can take the time to write such a detailed thing?  

Was about to suggest myself, although would need some help/proofreading from someone native in english (and obviously more knowledge of the software first). But since there already is a wiki, I guess I have to re-evaluate the need of it.