Sign in to follow this  
ericksaint

Older 2.3.4 coming into modern times,Phoenix the answer?

I have an install of 2.3.4 installed I think 2011 and I'm looking to bring it to current and more supported than the version I have. It has been patched together to keep it running as problems occurred, but now it's time to get it up to date. Is Phoenix what I should be looking at? I see several mentions of Edge and Frozen in searches. I've got no problems starting from scratch, but the ability to import customers and products would be great, as there is just shy of 900 items in the store and around 1200 registered customers.

The only real add ons that I am in need of are a USPS module (currently using USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7, but it's stopped working properly again)  and paypal, those are the only major items we use. Anything else we can work on after the switch.

I did request to join the Phoenix club, not sure if my answers are in there? 

Edited by ericksaint

8 minutes ago, ericksaint said:

Is Phoenix what I should be looking at? I see several mentions of Edge and Frozen in searches.

Phoenix is the successor to Edge.  Either 1.0.7.1 or 1.0.7.5 could be considered successors for Frozen. 

There is at least one discussion in the Phoenix Club about migrating customers and products from an older store. 

Always back up before making changes.

3 minutes ago, ecartz said:

Phoenix is the successor to Edge.  Either 1.0.7.1 or 1.0.7.5 could be considered successors for Frozen. 

There is at least one discussion in the Phoenix Club about migrating customers and products from an older store. 

Thanks for the quick response! I have downloaded 1.0.7.7 from the main product page,  should I look for one of these versions you mention instead?