• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blocking China Bots on Mobile

Got a osc 2.3 site that has the mobile site app installed.

We are getting hammered by bots with ip's from china.

I tried adding deny ip's to the .htaccess file but it doesn't work for the mobile site which is a folder in the main site structure.

Any ideas ???

The blocks in the roots .htaccess file should apply to the sub-directories but there are cases where it does not. If you don't have an .htaccess file in the mobile directory, create one. Then copy all f the deny's to that file.

Instead of continually fighting this, you may want to install view counter addon and enable the country blocking option.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 months later...

Some shop owners want visitors from China on their sites so blocking all of China is not good for them. And it is  difficult  to know if a visitor from China is legitimate or not. You can install View Counter and block all of China if you want. Or block the IP's of the obvious hacking attempts it finds or search bots from China. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived