• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to buy templates for Phoenix?

waynesdata

More constructively, if you want to exchange money to get a template implemented, there are resources in the Phoenix Club to get a quote or you could post in the Commercial Inquiries forum. 

I don't know of anyone creating an off-the-shelf template for Phoenix that you can just install.  Phoenix has the capacity for drop-in templates.  But no one is currently using it. 

Always back up before making changes.

42 minutes ago, ecartz said:

Phoenix has the capacity for drop-in templates.

I am starting this week with development of a template (that's to say try 😉) .........  Any guidance is very much appreciated!

For the most part, templates have a different meaning nowadays as compared to five or so years ago. The following is all that is needed to get a unique look, though some steps may not be simple, depending on your experience level.

• Install whatever addons you need to change appearances. Image sliders are popular in many templates but there are many other addons that will add unique features to the site.
  • Change the layout of the modules to give it a unique look. Like only one column for infoboxes, or none at all. 
  • Change the colors of the shop to your liking. This can mostly be done via css files. The trick is in finding which class to change.

With Phoenix, you can make all of the above changes fairly easily and, maybe, without any code changes. This is why you don't see template shops selling templates. It just isn't worth their time to make css changes and provide some images, in my opinion.

You may need to make code changes in some situations, like not showing the breadcrumb or infoboxes on the home page but show them on other pages. But you can pretty much change the complete appearance of a shop with the above three steps.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

11 hours ago, azpro said:

I am starting this week with development of a template (that's to say try 😉) .........  Any guidance is very much appreciated!

11 hours ago, ecartz said:

More constructively, if you want to exchange money to get a template implemented, there are resources in the Phoenix Club to get a quote or you could post in the Commercial Inquiries forum. 

I don't know of anyone creating an off-the-shelf template for Phoenix that you can just install.  Phoenix has the capacity for drop-in templates.  But no one is currently using it. 

I  do not have access to Phoenix Club. Have requested a quote in commercial area. Very interested in azpro’s work. Will just open store as is for now then upgrade later.

Archived