• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

upgrading php version on v2.3

socom

WE have version v2.3 installed

Current php version 5.3.29 

If i upgrade to latest php version will it cause issues with our website? and have to upgrade to latest oscommerce version?

Laurence

27 minutes ago, socom said:

If i upgrade to latest php version will it cause issues with our website? and have to upgrade to latest oscommerce version?

As I understand, yes to both though make sure you upgrade to CE Phoenix version which works to at least PHP 7.3 and is fully responsive on small devices.

34 minutes ago, socom said:

WE have version v2.3 installed

Current php version 5.3.29 

Laurence

There are people that have updated an older version to work on a later version of php. I tried doing it to my current site which is running on an Edge/Frozen hybrid and there were so many errors and warnings on almost every page in both the shop and admin that I left it as it was and started developing a new store using the latest Phoenix. It seemed at the time to be the easiest, but beware that there are lots of addons that are not useable on Phoenix without being updated also.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

You will have to go through any addons or code changes to see if they are available for Phoenix. Most of the more popular addons are already useable, but there are many that are not. Phoenix is still currently morphing into what it wil lend up as, so there is a lot of work involved to stay on top of things once you have updated, but it will be well worth the trouble.  If nothing else your new site will be responsive.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived