• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order breakdown in Paypal Standard

LeeFoster

I am using paypal standard as my payment method and when you get to the Paypal payment screen there is no order breakdown, is this due to oscommerce not sending the details or is it a setting in Paypal?

Using Phoenix 1.0.2.8

How many different items are in the order?  There appearers to be a maximum number of characters and or item lines allowed before it amalgamates them into a single entry using your store name.

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

12 minutes ago, mhsuffolk said:

How many different items are in the order?  There appearers to be a maximum number of characters and or item lines allowed before it amalgamates them into a single entry using your store name.

It was one item, and it was called 'Test item'.

When the customer is taken to PayPal, unless there are a lot of items in the order, the items that they have ordered appear on some of the PP pages.

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

I have never really looked at the time of making a payment, but I have orders that are paid using PayPal standard and once paid all the items show in PayPal, so they must get sent across. The one order I looked at had 22 items in the list. Surely Paypal are only really interested in the total as thats the payment they want.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

40 minutes ago, burt said:

So long as you have the Order ID (so that you can tie up Paypal payment to the Order in your shop), I don't really see the issue ?

There isn't an issue as such but from a customer point of view some would like to see in Paypal the details of the order.

Archived