wphorlogebanden

warning Cookie sameSite

I am migrating our site to Phoenix. After succesfull installation I noticed a warning about using sameSite in the session cookie referring to "developper.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite: "Cookie 'ceid' will be rejected shortly because the attribute 'sameSite' is set to 'none' or an illegal value without the attribute 'secure'.

On https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/samesite-examples/blob/master/php.md a solution is suggested for Session Cookies via session_set_cookie_params.

Am I correct to assume that this solution should be in 'includes/system/segments/application/start_session.php' and/or 'admin/includes/application_top.php' ?

It depends on your PHP version.  If less than 7.3, just change the COOKIE_PATH constants in your configure.php files.  7.3 or later, then yes, the place to change it is in start_session.php and application_top.php

I'm changing this now, so I may make it so that you can always change it in the configure.php files. 

Always back up before making changes.

I'm using PHP 7.3 and added this to the .htaccess to get my authorize.net SIM payment module to return customers to the checkout success page properly.

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header always edit Set-Cookie ^(.*)$ $1;SameSite=None;Secure
</IfModule>

Note that 1.0.7.7 supports sameSite cookies directly, defaulting to Lax and turning on secure when available. 

Always back up before making changes.