• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Selling Digital Files How To With Oscommerce

petbeemer

Hi people after much messing about trying to get a paid file download service on joomla (useless) i remembered that Oscommerce had some kind of add on already installed, however! Oscommerce has changed! A lot! (nice though) 

What i really need is a basic walkthrough of how to sell digital files through paypal (already set) via Oscommerce Phoenix edition as when i get to product listing it gives no option?

You can get support outside of the Phoenix club easily, but it would pay to join if you want.

I sell downloads using oscommerce. The hardest part is setting them up as the attributes system is not the best but has missed out on any updates as yet. Once set up its all fully automated and never needs touching again. I have had downloads selling for many years and never touch them at all.

There is a very good post here on how to set them up. Just remember that this was written when oscommerce layout was different so you just need to find the correct links and all should be fine as the attributes system has never changed.

That should get you going.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

No hostility but it does annoy when people give the impression that to get support you need to join the Phoenix club. Saying that if you want to support Phoenix, get free code and addons to make your site better, and to move the project forwards then by all means join, it is worth it just for the freebies.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@petbeemer

2 hours ago, petbeemer said:

Thank you Steve, i wasn't aware that the 2 versions had hostility between them?

No hostility. The 'official' osCommerce project was lead by one person. After many years of hard work and development, Harold has chosen to work on other projects. In his absence, the "community" has continued with the development of osC. The 'Community Edition' is now called Phoenix.

Harold does pop in here occasionally, and has given his permission to list Phoenix as a sanctioned download.

So again, no hostility.

M

19 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@petbeemer

No hostility. The 'official' osCommerce project was lead by one person. After many years of hard work and development, Harold has chosen to work on other projects. In his absence, the "community" has continued with the development of osC. The 'Community Edition' is now called Phoenix.

Harold does pop in here occasionally, and has given his permission to list Phoenix as a sanctioned download.

So again, no hostility.

M

Well thats good! After all the hard work input by Harold and others it would be a shame to see it just fizzle out! I ran a very successful watch shop with the help of Oscommerce! Im struggling to get on with Phoenix though, very clean looking though so i will persevere!

Archived