• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin login issue

taro_japan

Greetings,

This is Taro from Japan. My first time to post in this forum.

I completed osCommerce installation but couldn't log in to my admin page. I have spent the past 2 days trying to find out an answer on this forum and Stackoverflow, but I couldn't get my issues resolved, so I decided to share the problem here. Here's what happened: 

1. I completed the installation with no problems
2. I completed all changes based on instructions on the document (remove install folder, change access right to specific folders/files)
3. I clicked on the admin button on the completion page, the system takes me to the admin portal
4. After enter admin user name and password, I clicked on login in button
5. Nothing happens, the page stays the same (I noticed the the url changes quickly but return to the admin log in page). 

Any advice is highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Taro

Greetings, (this topic was posted to the "security" group, but I was advised to post in this group)

This is Taro from Japan. My first time to post in this forum.

I completed osCommerce installation but couldn't log in to my admin page. I have spent the past 2 days trying to find out an answer on this forum and Stackoverflow, but I couldn't get my issues resolved, so I decided to share the problem here. Here's what happened: 

2. I completed all changes based on instructions on the document (remove install folder, change access right to specific folders/files)
3. I clicked on the admin button on the completion page, the system takes me to the admin portal
5. Nothing happens, the page stays the same (I noticed the the url changes quickly but return to the admin log in page). 

Any advice is highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Taro

On 7/23/2020 at 7:32 PM, burt said:

Thanks Burt, sorry I didn't include all information in the first place.

1. I did a clean install
2. I used the latest release (v2.3.4.1) for the installation
3. PHP is 5.6

Steps to reproduce the issue
5. Nothing happens, the page stays the same (I noticed the url changes quickly but returns to the admin log in page). 

Would appreciate if someone could shed some light here.

Best,

Shin

• 9 months later...

Archived