• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving to another platform

zefeena

I have been needing to re-vamp my website for about a decade now, but I've decided its really too much for me, so I'm contemplating either shopify or shopwired.  The later is my preference as its in the UK, so I can call them! 

Does anyone have any experience of getting the csv files so they can move sites?  I have their template for my product base, and I am tempted to just make customers re-register from the start.  So think maybe just the product database will do, however, I'm not sure how to download it, as it keeps calling the file EP0000.csv.download so I am unable to open it in excel to compare it with their template. (template attached)

I feel like I'm falling at the first hurdle!

product_import_template.csv

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Oscommerce has served me well for a long time, and I'm very grateful, but I don't feel able to do any programming or maintenance anymore.  I just want to concentrate on my business and a ready made shop, with a monthly fee, and SSl, payment processors already set up, is ideal for me now.  

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I can fully understand where you are coming from in wanting to host your site elsewhere. There are times that I feel the same. The costs in my time alone to keep updating the current site is probably more expensive than a monthly fee.

There is a way to download all the database tables either together or separately in phpmyadmin, which should be in your hosting account. If you have cpanel then its all there. You can export as a CSV file and then open and check the database tables are the same before uploading them to your new system.

Failing that there may be people that can easily export your data and transfer it to another codebase.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

1 hour ago, zefeena said:

but I don't feel able to do any programming or maintenance anymore.  

With Phoenix no programming is necessary, as core changes are not needed.  The addons, which are obtainable from the Phoenix Club (if you join for a very small monthly fee), are more valuable than the fee, and they just slot in without any programming skills needed.  As you already have oscommerce then getting familiar with Phoenix should be no problem.

Getting you current database into Phoenix should very easy, and help is always here if needed.

Downloaded Phoenix and try first.

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Hi,

thank you.  Apart from not having to do the programming right now, it also means if someone takes over, they won't either, and I eventually may want to retire!!!

I've managed to export a csv file. Not sure yet if its sufficient, but it contains the image file name, so I also need to download all my images.  I have previously used FileZilla ftp to move things on and off, but now I'm on this Plesk Obsidian control panel and I'm lost.  I can see my image folder in file manager, and my images, but I don't see an easy way to get them from Plesk to my Mac, so I can re-upload them to the 'shop'.  Why can't it just be click and drag?!!!

5 minutes ago, Mikepo said:

With Phoenix no programming is necessary,

Its not just the oscommerce.  Its all the peripheral stuff.  My website went off-line today, because error logs got to big they consumed all the memory and that was that.  I didn't know whey it had happened and the host deleted the logs, so all is well - until next time.  it just seems endless checking, and messing, and I'm doing nothing but work.  The shop and hosting are all one, so if my website stopped working, I'd hope that firing off an email to someone would suffice - which I could do from anywhere without needing to sit at the computer for hours.

Every business owner must do what is right for them.  

You must understand that if you are leaving osC behind, we won't help you to move to a new software.  That task is;

• for you to DIY
  • for you to pay to get it done (eg cart2cart transfer)
  • for the cart you are moving to to provide the transfer tools in some way

Yes, oscommerce is the best if you like a free, a have the problem of log in some ecomerce i put a cronjob but in other server dont work, and oscommerce no have simple payment like shoppify, but osco is realy free.

To  resolve the problen in log you need update the code.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:08 AM, burt said:

Every business owner must do what is right for them.  

You must understand that if you are leaving osC behind, we won't help you to move to a new software.  That task is;

• for you to DIY
  • for you to pay to get it done (eg cart2cart transfer)
  • for the cart you are moving to to provide the transfer tools in some way

Totally get that.  I moved it without too much ado.  I'm not too bad at the coding, and you guys have helped me so much over the years, but I have had endless problems with servers and emails not sending, and never been able to sort those things.  Just not enough hours in the day!

I still have my b/fs shop oscommerce, so I will keep my hand in - though his isn't so important! lol

1 hour ago, zefeena said:

Totally get that.  I moved it without too much ado.  I'm not too bad at the coding, and you guys have helped me so much over the years, but I have had endless problems with servers and emails not sending, and never been able to sort those things.  Just not enough hours in the day!

I still have my b/fs shop oscommerce, so I will keep my hand in - though his isn't so important! lol

Good luck in the future with your store. Sometimes a change works wonders for the business.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived