• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

website gone funny!

zefeena

when I open my interface, it says there is an error, and the usual list of modifications to orders, and new customers just joined is no more!  I haven't changed anything, and it was okay this morning.  Have I been hacked?

I'm on this Plesk obsidian server and I don't have a clue what I'm doing anymore.  Yes I do need a new website, but just been too busy and keep putting it off.

Any ideas?  thank you

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 19.59.41.png

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 19.59.23.png

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed,

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Two quick guesses: 

1.  The disk partition containing /var/tmp is full.  Fix by deleting some older files.

2.  The directory /var/tmp had its file permissions change.  Either change the permissions back or change to a new directory. 

In either case, /var/tmp is outside the osCommerce directory structure, so you would probably need help from your host.  This seems more of a system administration thing than an osCommerce thing. 

If you administer this server yourself, on the Linux command line, try running

df -k
ls -ld /var/tmp

The results of one of those two commands might be informative. 

Your error_log and access_ssl_log.processed are huge.  Consider downloading and truncating them.  If you have log rotation set up, perhaps run it manually. 

Always back up before making changes.

Thank you.  You were exactly right. apparently I'm using all my storage!  And yes, they did have to sort it out, as I couldn't even get on the control panel to do anything.  Not at all ideal

Archived