• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GETTING STARTED WITH OSCOMMERCE

micheleangle

I downloaded oscommerce v2.3.4.1 a few years ago and haven’t had time to work on the website. I can’t readily figure out how to change color in box headings. It appears that I have to download Phoenix??? I don’t have time to try and figure things out at this time, so will hire someone. What do you recommend that I include for addons & what versions? I definitely want addons that address: SEO, shipping estimates, customer login after they look at their cart and know shipping and taxes, quantity discounts – Any other recommendations? Thanks!

@micheleangle

While you didn't state if you downloaded the 'official' osC v2.3.4.1, or the Community Edition, both are at End of Life. The 'official' version is not responsive (changes the display of smaller screens), and will crash as hosts upgrade the version of PHP running on their servers. Also, no further development is being done on it.

The Community Edition is in continued development. The current version is called Phoenix. I would suggest you join the Phoenix club here in the forum, and you can approach any of the certified developers to assist you in designing and building your shop.

Malcolm

• 4 weeks later...

On the https://www.oscommerce.com/Products, there is a yellow button to download CE Phoenix.  Download it, FTP it up to your host, and install it.  

Alternately, if you are on a host that uses Softaculous, you can install it through that. 

Note that osCommerce in general requires you to have a web hosting account somewhere. 

Always back up before making changes.

Archived