• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount shippers

Gary Tayman

I'm wondering if anyone out there has had experiences, good or bad, with the various discount shipping outfits that are popping up.

I have signed onto Stamps.com/Shipstation, with the guarantee that they support OS-Commerce.  But now that I've signed on, I can't get any support whatsoever -- not happy.  There are others, including Shippo and Pirate Ship, but I don't know what they support.

Have any OS-Commerce users dealt with any of these guys?  Does it work for you?  I'm curious to know.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting back with me.  For whatever reason I'm not getting notifications of responses -- have to keep checking in.  Yes, I've checked the notify switch at the bottom.  Oh well.

Actually, Shipstation is wonderful, now that I'm getting used to it, but there's no channel to OS-COMMERCE.  BUT -- in my case, just about everything n the online store is drop shipped, meaning someone else does the packing, so it's better that I keep it separate anyway.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I ship everything myself and use PirateShip, it doesn't integrate with OSC that I know of, but you can just cut & paste the whole address from OSC into a box on PirateShip and it fills the fields in for you. It also saves templates so I just cut & paste the address and click which template to use and then buy and print out the postage. You can also keep a balance, I set mine to $20 so every time I go over my balance they just pull $20 off my card. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Archived