• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

index.php & config issue

stevanio007

Hello all. This morning i created a new domain and installed phoenix, so pleased to find it after using oscommerce from scratch many moons ago. Any how i cleared the usual config errors at the start and started customize the site via the admin module. all well and good, refreshing the front end as you go to check changes etc. then i got a 404 error, after some deliberation and back and forth in my browser history i realised that index.php was missing when i checked in file manager. 

i can access the admin page no problem (although now even though i fixed it this morning i am getting the following) I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/hillandm/plants4gardens.co.uk/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Now this is where it is interesting as now index.php is back however unlike all the other files in there has a completley different modified date. So i thought i would install pheonix again but on a different unused domain and low and behold the date of index.php is the same as all the other files. 

As of now i cant access the index (home page) of the site but i find this really weird. 

Any advice for a newbie please. Thansk in advance Steve

3 hours ago, stevanio007 said:

I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/hillandm/plants4gardens.co.uk/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

It's a common problem for all oscommerce shops. You just need to change the permissions settings for the configure files. If you use this format on google, you can find answers to many of your questions, which may be faster than posing here:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "search term here"

Here is the result of the above search.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived