• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Excludes based on page

DivebombInc

Yes, that is possible but it would require adding code in several places. But if you just want a page to display images, using a product page isn't the best way to do it. There are addons for that purpose. You will need to find one that works with your version of oscommerce.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There probably isn't one. Versions for Phoenix only get released if someone converts them. It is fairly common for popular and new addons. But for older ones that are not used by many sites, it probably won't happen unless someone is paid to convert it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

6 hours ago, DivebombInc said:

Is there a way to exclude things like 'Add to Cart' buttons and price based on the page or product ID? I want to add a gallery of our work and exclude the add to cart and price.

One of the supporters code @burt has released for Phoenix blocks out the buy button if the product is out of stock. I believe this can be used to achieve what you are after - with some modifications. Suggest you consider becoming a Phoenix Supporter and contacting Gary directly about this.

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Why not just create a static page that includes all the images and text. Basic HTML will do that. Failing that look online for a php based image gallery and convert that to work with an oscommerce page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

On 6/11/2020 at 2:10 AM, DivebombInc said:

Is there a way to exclude things like 'Add to Cart' buttons and price based on the page or product ID? I want to add a gallery of our work and exclude the add to cart and price.

you can turn it off in pi modules inn the admin section

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

the code is in. pi buy_button.php.  

if ( $this->enabled ) {
       $this->group = 'pi_modules_' . strtolower(PI_BUY_GROUP);
around line 28

you can juste edit it or Make a duplicate module

9 minutes ago, DivebombInc said:

That would effect all pages, even those that I want cart buttons and prices on.

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

@DivebombInc

On 6/10/2020 at 2:40 PM, DivebombInc said:

On 6/12/2020 at 7:22 AM, DivebombInc said:

I thought about this and could do this easily. I wanted continuity across the site though with all pages looking the same.

Take one of the 'static' pages, such as 'Terms and Conditions'. Copy and rename it (both the code and the language files). Replace everything between the opening and closing 'contentContainer' divs with your gallery code. Finally, add the link(s) to your gallery where ever you want them (navbar, footer, etc).

M

On 6/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, kgtee said:

Just add a condition if price = 999999, no show buy button. Will this do?

This is what I was getting at. Based on some condition just exclude the cart button and price. Or if someone bought it for 999999, I could just retire and not worry about any of this.

OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.7.10

13 hours ago, DivebombInc said:

This is what I was getting at. Based on some condition just exclude the cart button and price. Or if someone bought it for 999999, I could just retire and not worry about any of this.

You can also use stock quantity (in-stock). That might be better from the customer's perspective.

Or set the price to zero and stock quantity to zero so customer can't checkout with the item (if you've disabled checking out with no stock in admin).

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Archived