• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Extra Type from PDF Invoice

3bsstudio

HI

Please help as I'm tearing my hair out.

I've changed 'Special Instructions:' throughout the site into 'Comments or Special Instructions:' and it works and shows up everywhere OK - except on the Invoice PDF which has the additional words 'Customer's comments:' before  'Comments or Special Instructions:'

I've serached and searched and I cannot for the life of me find where this is being inserted.

See screenshot of email order which is correct and PDF Invoice which is incorrect. The online invoice is totally corect too - just this PDF.

Any help gratefully received.

(Running osCommerce 2.2-MS2  |   https://www.gasbottlesdirect.co.uk )

ThanksOSCommerce-Invoice.thumb.jpg.d27368a636e97ef8c632f32f2b1b879e.jpgOSCommerce-Email-Invoice.jpg.1061227f7df31c9f6f3d07403912704b.jpg

PDF invoice is not standard in any version of osCommerce, therefore the best advice is;

download a copy of your site
download a program that can search files (eg beyondcompare or grepwin)
search your files for the string "Customer's Comments"

amend the file in which it is found.

Your version went EOL (End Of Life) over a decade ago.  
You might want to think about upgrading to the latest version.

I've tried that - Dreamweaver can do search and could not find that string. Downloaded Beyondcompare as you suggested and that couldn't find it either? Totally stumped as to where it's coming from?

I searched every possible combination and still nothing. I am convinced it is embedded in the PDF template as it appears nowhere else except on the Credit Note PDF too. Any other suggestions?

I'm not sure we have added an addon to generate the PDF. I think this is done from within the clients EPOS system. Can't be 100% - is there any easy way to check - had a look through Modules but nothing there regards PDFs. Sorry to be vague but modules, etc was handled by someone else who is no longer with us.

How do you generate the PDF?  Do you click a link on an osCommerce page?  Or do you go somewhere else?  If an osC page, which one and what actions do you do?  Press a button?  Does it link somewhere?  Where? 

I don't want to grill you, but those are the kinds of things we would need to help you find what you need.  All this assumes that it is not in the EPOS, as we wouldn't offer much help then. 

Always back up before making changes.

• 9 months later...
16 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Would like to note PDF invoice is a standard built in feature in the new osCommerce v4

Is it possible to email those invoices to a customer when the order status is changed?

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

24 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

Is it possible to email those invoices to a customer when the order status is changed?

Yes, it is! There's a configuration setting "PDF Invoice Attach - Order Statuses" - and there you can configure when to attach a PDF invoice to order status update emails.

Archived