Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,
I would like to ask, for a few months we have one weird IP address's start (144.119.160.XXX - 144.119.165.XXX)  shown on the whos_online.php page all the time with so many pages open ,
and last and this month we got  Bandwidth Limit Exceeded error (509) , so my question is can this IP address case much site traffic .. I know there can be another thing case this issue ( size of the images,..)
BR
Omar


Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use whois to determine where the IP is coming from - if that place is not important, just ban the whole IP range using htaccess.


Help shape the future of Phoenix; join the Phoenix Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@burt I was planning to do that ,, I just want to know if that IP can case the issue 


Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Omar_one said:

I just want to know if that IP can case the issue 

Yes. It is a very common problem. And once they find your site, they won't go away and it usually gets worse. Bandwidth is used by any connection to the hosting account. That includes search engines, of which there are quite a few that don't help most sites. I suggest you install View Counter. It gives you a much better idea of what is going on with your sites traffic, compared to Who's Online. It allows you to block the offending IP's and block countries, to name a few things it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, burt said:

Use whois to determine where the IP is coming from - if that place is not important, just ban the whole IP range using htaccess.

I tried this but they are not banned .. 

 



 


Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

Yes. It is a very common problem. And once they find your site, they won't go away and it usually gets worse. Bandwidth is used by any connection to the hosting account. That includes search engines, of which there are quite a few that don't help most sites. I suggest you install View Counter. It gives you a much better idea of what is going on with your sites traffic, compared to Who's Online. It allows you to block the offending IP's and block countries, to name a few things it does.

I installed last year .. but and I was put it off as I was not need it ,,, today I put back on ,, but I  can't block the any countries. when I chose the country  and press Block Countries - NEW nothing happens.. 

 


Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Omar_one said:

I tried this but they are not banned .. 

If you are checking Who's Online, they won't disappear immediately. Once the session clears, they should be gone. To be clear, you should be entering something like this to block them: deny from 123.23.23.12/12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Omar_one said:

but I  can't block the any countries. when I chose the country  and press Block Countries - NEW nothing happens.. 

I assume you mean the right list on the country blocking page. If so, that list will only show entries when a block occurs. Also, be sure you have enabled country blocking in the settings. And if you use a google service, like remarketing, set the option not to block the search engines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×