• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site quick Find question

Ken_Shea

How would I go about creating a specific search criteria?

Example: say there are a two dozen grips but I only want to search for those that fit a compact firearm not where the search would result in finding every item with "compact"  or "grip" in it?

I want to put a href link in a product pages I.E. Click here to view all available grips"

Tried SEO keywords, no joy and no surprise.

Doubtful that is entirely clear, if not reply and I'll explain further.

Thanks

It's doable, bluff it using the SEO keywords search engine.   

Give it a "code", eg:  
All products that fits a compact firearm = FITCF.  

In your product page, then link to advanced_search_result.php?keywords=FITCF

That gets very unwieldy very quickly if 1 product needs multiple "codes".
And you have many products.

A better way would be some way to set up "codes", then in the product addin/editing page have a tab that allows you to assign 1 or more codes.
Then have a new page showing all codes and ability to drill down to find what the customer looks for.  IE:  a filter system.

I like the better way, but modifying the database tables is out of my league, sound like a job for after the move to CE is made, he's got enough to do right now :)

Thanks

1 hour ago, burt said:

IE:  a filter system.

@burt  Gary - Didn't want to ask you before but since you mention it. Do you have a "filter system" on your "virtual" roadmap?

1 hour ago, azpro said:

@burt  Gary - Didn't want to ask you before but since you mention it. Do you have a "filter system" on your "virtual" roadmap?

Within the next few weeks, I'll be releasing a Supp Code which does something that would be almost ideal to be refactored into a Filtering system...

Archived