• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Taxrates

dculley

osCommerce connector for Tax Rates (went out 6yr ago) great for zip code taxes. I used it in osc 2.3.4 and had it running in Phoenix 1.0.5 until 1.0.6.0 came out.  I'm not a coder so I'm confused on the error.  Need help PLEASE

I did a fresh install of 1.0.6.0 to cleanup issues with trying to get some apps working.  So I'm reinstall apps.  I have uploaded the program as per the instructions.  And checked that all are in please.  When I go to Admin -> Modules -> Order totals -> install i get this message:

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_CONFIGURATION - assumed 'TABLE_CONFIGURATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/temp.ladybuggardendecor.com/includes/modules/order_total/ot_taxrates.php on line 87
1146 - Table 'phoenix.TABLE_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_value from TABLE_CONFIGURATION where configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATUS'

line 87 is:

$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATUS'");

It is not letting install 'TaxRates' module.

Can anyone help?  Please.  I don't see a way to contact the originator of the app.  It was the most simplest and easy way for me to ship in SC (USA) and NC (USA) ext, with jurisdiction sales tax by zip code. 

Thanks

the databases are hardcoded 

configuration instead of TABLE_CONFIGURATION. 

or if you have a lot of older addons  you might wanna to get a copy of includes/database_tables.php. 

and iinclude it inn application_top.php.  of course hit is not in the spirit of Phoenix

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

@hungryfrank

Thanks for getting back to me.  I changed the line to :       $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATUS'");

That didn't work sill got:
Warning: Use of undefined constant CONFIGURATION - assumed 'CONFIGURATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/temp.ladybuggardendecor.com/includes/modules/order_total/ot_taxrates.php on line 87
1146 - Table 'phoenix.CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_value from CONFIGURATION where configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATUS'

What did I do wrong?

$check_query = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_value FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATUS'"); 

It needs to be lower cased and should be inside the quotes, not outside. 

Always back up before making changes.

@ecartz

I got excited. I put your line in and had no errors.  TaxRates should up so I clicked on it than clicked on install and got this:

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_CONFIGURATION - assumed 'TABLE_CONFIGURATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ladybug3597/public_html/temp.ladybuggardendecor.com/includes/modules/order_total/ot_taxrates.php on line 117
1146 - Table 'phoenix.TABLE_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

delete from TABLE_CONFIGURATION where configuration_key in ('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATUS','MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_SORT_ORDER','MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_ADDRESS','MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_DATE','MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATES','MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_DESCRIPTION','MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_LOCATION'

I'm under PHP 7.2.27 (if that helps)

here is the ot_taxrates.php - unedited

Thanks for the help. 

ot_taxrates.php

@ECART

I thought so but was chicken to try.  I did the below as you instructed and it worked.  BIG THANK YOU

function keys() {
    return array('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATUS', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_SORT_ORDER', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_ADDRESS', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_DATE', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATES', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_DESCRIPTION', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_LOCATION');
  }

function install() {
    global $db;
    tep_db_query("insert into " . configuration . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display TaxRates', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATUS', 'true', 'Do you want this module to display?', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
    tep_db_query("insert into " . configuration . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_SORT_ORDER', '3', 'Sort order of display', '6', '2', now())");
    tep_db_query("insert into " . configuration . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Sales Tax Address', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_ADDRESS', 'shipping', 'Select address for calculating sales tax', '6', '3','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'shipping\', \'billing\'), ', now())");
    tep_db_query("insert into " . configuration . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('TaxRate Date', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_DATE', '', 'Enter the Year & Month e.g. 201312 - of tax rate files', '6', '4', now())");
    tep_db_query("insert into " . configuration . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('TaxRate Date', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_STATES', '', 'List states that require sales tax calculated e.g. CA, NV, WA ', '6', '5', now())");
    tep_db_query("insert into " . configuration . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sales Tax Description', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_DESCRIPTION', 'Sales Tax', 'The Sales Tax description to be displayed', '6', '6', now())");
    tep_db_query("insert into " . configuration . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Show Location Code', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAXRATES_LOCATION', 'true', 'Include a City name in your Sales Tax description', '6', '7', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
  }

function remove() {
    global $db;
    $keys = '';
    $keys_array = $this->keys();
    $keys_size = sizeof($keys_array);
    for ($i=0; $i<$keys_size; $i++) {
      $keys .= "'" . $keys_array[$i] . "',";
    }
    $keys = substr($keys, 0, -1);
    tep_db_query("delete from " . configuration . " where configuration_key in (" . $keys . ")");

@dculley    nothing to be scared. sooner you get to edit files the better. just make a copy of it before making any changes. if u made a mistake you can easily copy back the original

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

@dculley

😀what you did is not quite correct. What @ecartz has shown you should be done this way as an example:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title,

Change it to:

tep_db_query("insert into configuration ( configuration_title ,

You should replace the entire string " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . ", Including the two double quotes.

Archived