• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO

jamo32

Hi

I noticed on a shop which had it's advanced product search results  indexed in google search

Also noticed the shop did not have SEO  title tags but google picked  up it's H1 tags for titles on the search results

Could  the site have an add on to allow Goggle to do this or is this just google search evolving to do the above tasks?

the site was an old ms2.2 very basic store. 

Using Bootstrap 8-)

Google will create a title to use if one is not supplied. It tries to figure out what the page is about and will use something from the page it thinks applies. But that can be almost anything and is usually useless for many pages.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack 

What about the  advanced product search results  indexed in google search does OSC need an add on for this or is this just google doing this on it's own.

Using Bootstrap 8-)

The advanced search result page should not be listed. You should add an entry in the robots file of check it in the robots module if your shop has one. That will tell the search engines not to list it. If you have a site map addon installed, also make sure that page is not listed in it. Depending upon how many listings there are and how long the site has been active, that could take quite a while but they should remove them eventually. You could also request they not list it in webmaster tools, as I recall.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived