Posted (edited)

I'm on osC 2.34 BS Gold and I'm getting occasional duplicate orders. The orders are identical but each has its own unique order #.

I use the PayPal App and Moneris (cc processing) as payment modules and they both seem to be susceptible to this. The payment is only ever taken once.

How can I troubleshoot this? Has anyone experienced something like this?

Cheers!

Edited by cinolas

Actually I take that back. PayPal prevents a duplicate payment from being taken, but Moneris doesn't have any such protection and actually took the payment twice for every duplcaite orders we got.

I recall someone having similar issues when customers double-click on the checkout confirmation button - see if you can reproduce by doing that.

See if you can understand where the additional orders are being created - what status are the pairs of orders, how do the times compare, does moneris have a callback or just redirect to checkout_process on success...

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (Phoenix).

here: on the official osc download page

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Well you got me to double check... I was sure I had installed a contrib that prevented the button from being clicked twice, but evidently that was in my previous install. A plain install of osC 2.34 BS Gold still allows the customer to click the Continue button twice on the confirm page, and that creates two orders...

Now to find that contrib again...

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Hey, Imma noob just doing a test mock up w/phoenix and we use moneris.  I don't see a moneris module in payment options.  Wondering if it will work?  

Edited by DJALP

9 hours ago, DJALP said:

Hey, Imma noob just doing a test mock up w/phoenix and we use moneris.  I don't see a moneris module in payment options.  Wondering if it will work?  

@greasemonkey - are you running moneris on phoenix?

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (Phoenix).

here: on the official osc download page

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

4 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

@greasemonkey - are you running moneris on phoenix?

I’m not, I haven’t even looked at Phoenix in 6/8 weeks - since COVID (this is one of the only times I’ve even looked at the forum actually)

I may have something mocked up in my test store - there is no reason why it won’t work - with a few small adjustments for php7, TABLES_ and moving the core changes to an admin orders hook  

Can anyone recommend a good way to disable my Confirm Order button after the first click?

I'm no entirely sure how to integrate the various JQuery or JS methods I'm finding into the checkout_confirmation.php page.

Cheers!

I did update Moneris for Phoenix - once approved I will link to it....

On 5/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, cinolas said:

Can anyone recommend a good way to disable my Confirm Order button after the first click?

I'm no entirely sure how to integrate the various JQuery or JS methods I'm finding into the checkout_confirmation.php page.

Cheers! 

@burt did just release a hook to prevent duplicate orders.... for supporters.