analytica

PHP 7.2 - osommerce 2.3.4.1 or Phoenix

Posted (edited)

Dear All,

I have a runnuing OSC for years, with some neccessary add ons. We sell wordwide our electronic products, all was fine for years.

Now we have to move to a new server running PHP 7.2.24. As I see, the OSC 2.3.4.1 uses $HTTP_GET_VARS (and other global variables) which are depricated and not longer supprted under PHP 7.x- as i understand. 

Maybe you have a proposal what is the best to get to a working shop system on my enviroment. The Phoenix community edition seems to be more active, but I can not find ANY documentation. To replace ale gobals by the  corresponding new globals like $_GET seems to be a lot of work!

A import feature we need is the correct processing of european innercommunity deliveries for business customers (we are located in germany), this works fine with the addon "TVA intracom", which can not easily ported to phoenix, since there is no add-on update for this version.

Can sombody give me a hint what may be a good decision.  I will be able to port the add-on to phoenix, if there are some others interested in.  Im not quite sure, if the phoenix version  (i have installed 1.0.5) is stable, since I have found a bug in the admin panel after a installation and some quick testings.

Best regards, Axel

PS. The error which come up in admin panel is, that i want to edit an existing customer but not the correct customer is displayed for editing after clkikcing on the edit link. The ID of the customer is not parsed by the system, incorrect hrefs are generated like this:

https://10.1.2.27/shopce/admin/customers.php?page=2&cID=&action=edit (you see the &cIDSis empty). Any ideas for this problem?

Fehler.png.95051f1d5df4dc18c3b56eb643bf23f0.png

Edited by analytica
wrong PHP version used

Its down to you really what you use. Phoenix 1.0.5.0.is a stable release and many addons have been coded for that. Any version under that is also safe to use but you will have to check if any updates after that version will need to be done. Easier to go with 1.0.5.0. Anything above that figure should only really be used in a test environment.

Whether an addon has been converted to run on this version only you will be able to find that out, as only you know what you use. If any have not been converted you are free to get it updated and if you wanted to, you could release it back to the community but you dont have to its up to you. It will be quicker to pay to get it done rather than wait for others to do it.

If you are not already a member join the Phoenix club, become a supporter if you want to get some great code snippets available to improve most sites which is a bonus for giving your paid support. Again up to you whether you feel it will be worthwhile.

If you have found a genuine bug and its not been found before, please report it.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Posted (edited)

Steve, thank you for your quick answer.

I will need the add-on "oscom-e-u-vat-intracom-number-v5.1" running in the phoenix system (or somethink similar). I have yesterday edited the newest OSC 2.3.4 as proposed (about 20+ files  to edit) and realize that it does not work on my PHP 7.2, because of the mentioned obsolete global vars which are used in OSC 2.3.4.

Will it possible to integrate my needs to the phoenix system, maybe as a official add-on. So, that I can easliy use it?  Of course, I can do this self, but I am not quite firm which the OSC code base.

So my question, can you give me a quotation for creating a port of the add-on, so I can think, if it will be a option to get a quick implemention of my needs by paid support. .

Every company selling B2B in the european community will need this, so I do not understand, why it is not quite present. Are there so less shops addressing  business customers?

Axel

Edited by analytica

I am sure if you post in the commercial support section linked below someone may be able to help. I am just a mere store owner with the coding skills of a wombat.

https://forums.oscommerce.com/forum/79-commercial-support-inquiries/

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Posted (edited)

You can get OSC2.3.4 work on PHP7.2 as long as you ignore deprecated warnings. Took me aboout about a day. It won't be as nice but it will be running. (PHP7.2.29 here in production). Most of the code is in Github, IIRC. But I did that before Phoenix was available, and I had heavily modified 2.3.4. already running.

But I don't see any reason why TVA intracom would not be possible to install on Phoenix. In fact, I think it is not any harder to install on Phoenix than on 2.3.4. as long as you know what you are doing. It won't work without modifications on 2.3.4 either, IIRC. I am not familiar with Phoenix, but it might even be easier on Phonix than on 2.3.4., and if done in correct Phoenix way (using hooks etc), it would probably make your live easier later on.

Edited by zwak

Posted (edited)

@analytica refering to your questions above, "To replace ale gobals by the  corresponding new globals like $_GET seems to be a lot of work!".

No, really not such a hard work. Not at all!
Just follow that logic:

Supposing that you have a

$HTTP_GET_VARS['product_id']

THEN replace by

$_GET['product_id']

Same principle for

$HTTP_POST_VARS['something']

JUST replace by

$_POST['something']

Be careful for

$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS
AS it's not working like
$_COOKIE

More information on that point:

Here

Hope it's help.

Also, you can try altering the entrypoint of the main first-file in order to put a thing like:

<?php
if (isset($_GET)) { $HTTP_GET_VARS = $_GET; }
if (isset($_POST)) { $HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST; }
if (isset($_SERVER)) { $HTTP_SERVER_VARS = $_SERVER; }
/*
BUT do not write :
if isset($_COOKIE)) { $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS = $_COOKIE; }
*/
?>

for quick testing !

Edited by SaphyraK
adding " main first-file" text